Chicken Feet-Puppy?

Guest kahjul

Guest kahjul

My girls all get chicken feet a few times a week and a thigh or drumstick every 3 days. I have a new 9 week old puppy-what age can I give him a chicken foot? I let him lick my hands this morning after feeding the grown ups and almost lost a finger!

I know some breeders (who feed raw) give their puppies chicken necks as soon as they have teeth and can chew.

There are lots of YouTube videos of puppies eating raw: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=raw+feeding+puppies&oq=raw+feed&gs_l=youtube.1.4.0l10.66427.69847.0.72620.8.8.0.0.0.0.176.906.2j6.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.UA1lpA9i2_Q I hope this link works. If not search "raw feeding puppies". :D

Enjoy your little darling. :wub:

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

My breeder started all the pups on both kibble and raw before they went home so that the new owners could feed either. Not sure what kind of raw she offered the pups though.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I thought chicken bones were bad for dogs because they're too soft and can cause damage to their throats/intestines?

Cooked chicken bones are bad for dogs, raw chicken bones are great! Raw chicken bones are fantastic for cleaning teeth and firming up poop. My Carl is sensitive to chicken, so I limit his chicken intake to raw feet only. At 10 years old his teeth are fantastic (he just had his physical and the vet gave his teeth thumbs up) and his poop...bouncing and behaving!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Cooked chicken bones are bad for dogs, raw chicken bones are great! Raw chicken bones are fantastic for cleaning teeth and firming up poop. My Carl is sensitive to chicken, so I limit his chicken intake to raw feet only. At 10 years old his teeth are fantastic (he just had his physical and the vet gave his teeth thumbs up) and his poop...bouncing and behaving!

Ohhhhh I see o: I didn't realize the difference! Makes sense though!

My girls all get chicken feet a few times a week and a thigh or drumstick every 3 days. I have a new 9 week old puppy-what age can I give him a chicken foot? I let him lick my hands this morning after feeding the grown ups and almost lost a finger!

I just shot you an email with a cc to my goddess of raw feeding mentor's email. I know she will be able to help you out!

Ohhhhh I see o: I didn't realize the difference! Makes sense though!

Raw chicken bones are rubbery and break down easily with the powerful digestive juices in their gut, but cooked ones splinter and can wreak havoc.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I have a couple of friends who breed working/show dogs who feed raw right away...ground at first, and then small pieces that the puppies can "gum." I have never seen them give feet, but they give small pieces like wings and drumsticks and the puppies love it.

Guest kahjul

I have searched all the hispanic and regular markets, (no Asian markets here), where do you find turkey or duck necks, feet, etc? I can only find whole or part chk, beef, lamb, turkey, pork. The usual. No parts. 1 market has chicken feet on occasion and I buy them out.

Guest Scarter55

I'm not exactly sure when she started, but Lady was already regularly eating chicken necks by the time we adopted her at 8 weeks. We've had her on there ever since. If you try it, just keep an eye on the pup the first few times he eats them. Obviously, you don't want him trying to swallow them whole. You might let him watch the adults eat them a few times to learn how.