Bullet Cut His Foot Open...

Guest karilynn

Guest karilynn

At the park today, my greyhound Bullet somehow sliced his back left paw open, requiring 5 stitches at the vet. This happened around 2 pm this afternoon and it is now almost 10 pm and his wound is still bleeding. They stitched it up and put a bandage around it, but blood is seeping through the bandage and he's leaving little blood marks all over my apartment. I don't care about that as much as I am worried about why he is still bleeding? It isn't gushing or anything, but clearly something isn't mended right if he is continuing to bleed?

Should I give the vet clinic a call/visit tomorrow or just see what happens? He's taking an antiobiotic and pain medication. I'm supposed to take the bandage off in 2 days.

Guest abbysmom

I think pads tend to bleed a lot, and I'd imagine that walking on it might encourage it to bleed. I think I'd be inclined to see what it looked like in the morning. I might change the bandage too--just to give it a clean gauze. It certainly wouldn't hurt to call the clinic tomorrow, though. Good luck.

Guest karilynn

thanks for the advice!

Bullet's foot is not bleeding this morning - seems as though the bleeding stopped. We are changing out the bandages in a few minutes, so wish us luck with that. He gets snappy when he's injured and we have to directly touch where he's injured.

Muzzle him please, especially since he's touchy about his boo boo.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png