Hello From Northeast Ohio!

Guest Scoobmom

Guest Scoobmom

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm about to be a Greyhound mommy again in two days!! My husband and I had two Greyhound brothers.

We lost our cat in 2009, Greyhound Farley in 2010, our mixed breed Scooby in 2011, and Greyhound Tigger last October. It was a rough few years there with old men getting older and sicker and it really made us appreciate them all as we went through those horrible times!

And now we're about to start all over again! Friday evening we bring home our two new boys - 5 year old Rudy (Bella Udi) and 3 year old Randy (Windy Randy). We've been in touch with the adoption agency (Northeast Ohio Greyhound Rescue) through the whole process - getting pictures as the adoption rep. was picking them up at the track, driving them home, their first days with the adoption people, etc. It's been SO exciting!! Thankfully their personalities seem to match what we want and I think it really helps that Rudy and Randy have gone through this great upheaval in their lives together every step of the way. The adoption reps. have been so gracious and helpful for these past few weeks - they've brought the boys to our house several times and we've gone to visit them at their house. So on Friday, I think it'll be very helpful when they come in and they "recognize" us and their new home!

We didn't know we wanted two, but then we figured - why not! So we've spent lots and lots and lots of money in the past couple weeks. We have the beds. We have the crates. We have the blankets. We have the food. We have the 300 feet of NEW FENCE!! Sheesh!

But it's been FUN and we're so excited. The only problem they're having is that Rudy has some stomach issues that seem to be clearing up now on this new prescription food she has him on, but they're both still marking a bit and having to wear belly bands all the time. I'm a little worried about my carpeting, but hopefully that will all get out of their system soon!

I hope to have some happy posts in the coming days as they settle into their new home!

Guest sireltonsmom

Congratulations on getting two new kids! You are in for a wonderful future and we're happy to welcome you to Greytalk. We just lost our Sir Elton in April at age 14.5. He had a good life but we miss him still. We have a 9 yr old girl, Mindy and will be getting a prison trained 2 yr. old red fawn boy (Beau) on August 9th (Mindy's 9th birthday). We are excited to bring him into the family and Mindy will hopefully be happy too - they've met several times and get along well - there. She hasn't liked being an only dog, tho she's a Diva.

If your boys mark once to claim your home as theirs, not a huge surprise. Hopefully it won't be a regular thing. I'm taking it they're neutered. Hopefully they'll enjoy the fenced yard - sure wish we had one.

Keep us in the loop on their arrival and your enjoyment of them going forward!

:gh_runner:ghplaybow

Guest Scoobmom

This is Rudy

IMG9511411_zpsb7e3d7b8.jpg

And this is both of them outside when they were over to visit!

IMG9511251_zps3bc591d2.jpg

Edited by Scoobmom

Oh, they are both adorable! And it will be so much fun to have 2!!

Welcome and congrats from Florida!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:wave Welcome to GT and congrats on your two handsome boys! :confetti :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 5 weeks later...