Recommendation: Costco Brand Pill Pockets

I've been going through Murphy's stuff and remembered I meant to post this. If anyone's having trouble pilling a dog, the Costco brand works great, they smell much yuckier (and I presume better to dogs) and are cheaper than name brands. Murphy would beg for them like treats.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Doggone

If I can't sneak a pill into Autumn's food, I cut a piece of "light" chunk cheese and make a pocket for the pill (e.g. Trifexis)....... Cheese is the one "unusual" food that Autumn likes :D. I limit the amount she has, since it's not good for her, but it's a guarantee that it'll work for pills! :D

I envy those with dogs that are less picky :(.

I didn't know Costco even made these! I'll have to go up there Friday to see if they carry them around here

They're in the pharmacy section, not the dog section.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Thanks! Maybe I'll go tonight.. :) LOL

Christiana has them in the pharmacy section...as you stand at the pick-up counter, they're to your left in front of the pharmacy windows.

Bernadette with Jak, Horizon, Kota, Barnaby, Madison, Earl, Tiggy, Finney, Tommy, Woody, Tyler and Lincoln all at the bridge

I don't remember exactly, the last month I've just handed over the credit card without asking. But my memory was cheaper than I used to pay for pill pockets--I think $6ish/60.

Just went to the Christiana costco on my lunch break. They are Vet IQ Pill Treats

http://www.pill-treats.com/

$7.99 for 60 of them.

They do have some chicken ingredients mushed in the middle somewhere, but I bought them anyway hoping that they won't cause a reaction in Rainy.... *fingers crossed* Will try them when I get home and will know in a few days if they cause a reaction in there

------

Jessica

Guest undergreysspell

Edited cause I realized I had hijacked your thread.

Thanks for the information!

Edited by undergreysspell