Immodium Ad For Greys?

Can you give Immodium AD to greyhounds?

My new pup has had diarrhea since Thursday. brown water exploding out of him. he didn't want to eat for two days. yesterday, he got his appetite back and I fed him boiled rice with boiled ground chicken and beef. He wolfed it down. ate a can of tripe this morning. it's hardeingin to soft serve but he had an accident in the house not long after bkfst. went outside and went again. went on a walk and went two more times, he just had another accident in the house... soft serve. was tripe the culprit? how could he still have anything in him to poop?

my vet isn't in until Tuesday evening. I don't really want to see other vets at the practice. I trust only her with my greys. I don't want to go to the ER. Can I give him immodium AD until he sees her Tuesday? I am desperate at this point.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

I have given immodium ad to Maddie before. I give the child dosage which tell you how many on the package.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps....

The right dog dose for Imodium in liquid form is 1 ml of Imodium per 1 lb of dog weight, every eight hours, while the right dose for Imodium in tablet form is generally 1 mg of Imodium per 20 lbs. of dog weight, every eight hours.

Guest elliemae421

Hope this helps....

The right dog dose for Imodium in liquid form is 1 ml of Imodium per 1 lb of dog weight, every eight hours, while the right dose for Imodium in tablet form is generally 1 mg of Imodium per 20 lbs. of dog weight, every eight hours.

This is good to know! You are a good person to have on here with the knowledge! :nod

You can also give your dog home cooked oatmeal to soothe the stomach. Pasta is more easily digested than rice. You can also give cottage cheese with the yogurt. Good luck and keep us posted.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest FullMetalFrank

I like to get diarrhea under control as quickly and effectively as I can; I've been using immodium for quite a few years. At first l realy loose stool, I give a dose of immodium, for their next scheduled meal I feed cooked rice with a small amount of kibble or cooked drained hamburger; and we keep calm and wait. Next time they go out for potty, we watch for any problems; no poop, no problem; if they have another equally loose BM, we repeat teh immodiom and bland meal one more time. Usually the next morning will show marked improvement and then I know we don't have a serious, ongoing issue. If by that time there is no improvement or condition worsens, then it is time for the vet.