Sleeping Arrangements

Guest debster

Guest Trammell

The bag of holding is the only thing that can hold my giant Asus! I love it.

Update for everyone:

I'm not pushing the stairs, and he seems to be doing just fine with his crate downstairs. Last night, he didn't cry once when he went to bed.

He's not a typical grey, at least, not typical from the ones I've met at M&Gs. His tail goes a million miles a second when he sees a person and he hasn't met a stranger. He is quick to love all over me and anyone who will let him. So perhaps, this was a blessing in disguise; he's learning better how to be alone at night, which could be helping with him learning to not be anxious when I have to go to work. With his personality (as was mentioned in his prison blogs), I have been concerned about him developing SA. Of course, we go on a nice walk twice a day, and go as far as he likes. He's a submissive and cheerful guy, a leaner, smiler, and shameless kisser.

(also, wow everyone was right: these hound farts smell like he's made a mess somewhere in the house! And some of them are unnervingly loud)

:rofl invest in some plain yogurt - it's a real paint saver :P

Oh, and you are about to be told that every dog is different, and what do you mean by typical grey!?!? plenty of them are social and nice! :hehe - laughing at the can of worms, not you ;) I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well :) Mine is slowly cuddling more, oh how I day dream of the day she snuggles for more than 5 minutes with me on the couch :)

Guest debster

I should have said the "sterotypical" grey. There's so many of them that there's definitely a rainbow of personalities :)

He's definitely living up to the lazy stereotype though! He quit his walk tonight after going down about 6 houses. This dog is 2 years old. I was shocked but accepting. Walks are his time and he gets to choose how much time he spends doing them; I get my workouts elsewhere.

His farts stink that bad even with the yogurt. I shudder to think how they'd be without! XD

I also wanted to add that I've had him for a week and wow... I am absolutely in love with him. I adore this doggie with all my heart.

Edited by debster

Guest Trammell

I should have said the "sterotypical" grey. There's so many of them that there's definitely a rainbow of personalities :)

He's definitely living up to the lazy stereotype though! He quit his walk tonight after going down about 6 houses. This dog is 2 years old. I was shocked but accepting. Walks are his time and he gets to choose how much time he spends doing them; I get my workouts elsewhere.

His farts stink that bad even with the yogurt. I shudder to think how they'd be without! XD

I also wanted to add that I've had him for a week and wow... I am absolutely in love with him. I adore this doggie with all my heart.

hmmmm....our two Greys may be related, although mine has anxiety about so many things, she loves leaning and getting pets from people and kids. She was only 18 months when I got her, but she is the laziest doggie when it comes to walking (I had hoped eventually she would be jogging or going on long walks with me, lol, not happening!). I love her to bits too :) I wasn't trying to get on you about your choice of words, I hope you know I said it in jest! Sometimes I know meaning doesn't always come across well in a post :)

ETA: plain pumpkin puree helped my dog with gas, because like your situation hers was 'yogurt proof' (her stool was kind of soft too which is why I initially gave it to her - pumpkin can help with constipation and diarrhea)

Edited by Trammell

Guest FreeholdHound

We have a similar sleeping arrangement, Harry's choice. He started off crated in the living room when we first got him (no room for a crate in bedroom) and I spent about 3 nights on the couch. Then I would crate him & sit in with him reading until he settled in & let out his nightly "horse sigh" (signal that he's totally relaxed). When he learned the stairs I set up a bed in my room. He would check it out but he would never use it. He simply puts himself to bed in the crate (door always open now) and the bed I had upstairs is in the living room too & he'll move back & forth depending on where he feels like sleeping. I wake him up at 4:45 in the morning and we start our day.

If my Sammi gets ANY pork product (even a sliver of pepperoni left on a pizza bone) Homeland Security would be knocking at the door inquiring about our weapon of mass destruction. :blink:

My dad did not believe my warning about her and pork and slipped her a piece of sausage. After brunch, I was in the back of the house and they were in the living room. Her stench bomb woke him out of a dead sleep!

My threat with the boys & their friends when they have pizza, "You feed her pork, she sleeps with you tonight!" DS (who has been at ground zero when her pork fueled bombs have gone off) will back me up and warn them also that "Mom is dead serious"

Edited by Gryffenne