Osteo Thread Part V I I

So sudden and heartbreaking.

{{{hugs}}}

Run In Peace, Katie...........................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i will always be angry and saddened that we didn't get the chance to even start the CHOP protocol for her. we were ready to start her on it yesterday. she declined over the weekend, but found enough in herself to jump up on our bed after sunrise yesterday morning. i had to carry her off the bed so i could try and force-feed her. i didn't get a picture of her lying in her usual spot on our bed -- across both of my pillows. she was happy and comfortable there.

but her ultrasound showed masses in her liver and her intestines thickened, although her spleen was clear. we were hoping to stablize her for a couple of days and start her on elspar but the lymphoma just took her.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

i think tomorrow is the day. he's still in there somewhere, but there's just a little bit of him left. he's too stoic to let me know if he's in pain, but he is extremely distant, and so very slow. he sleeps, but seemingly very lightly, and shifts around a lot. the sad part is that he still enjoys some things, like eating, and he did get to bark at all the dogs at the dog park today, he just couldnt chase after them.

people always say to wait until the dog cant do the things that it enjoys. bust i just feel its awful enough now -- i cant imagine what it would be like to wait until that point, even though it may only be days away. still, the fact that i can still recognize a little bit of him somewhere in there is making this a lot harder.

Sam didn't have osteo--he had arthritis in his spine and half a dozen other issues--but I didn't wait until he was miserable. One night, maxed out on his pain meds, he didn't sleep more than half an hour all night, awake and panting. I sat up with him, talked to him, and promised him he wouldn't have to go through another night like that.

In the morning, we stopped at McDonald's and he got to have two sausage/egg biscuits in the car when we got to the vet. Then he went in, counter-surfed in the exam room looking for cookies, and rooted through the trash can.

And panted.

The vet agreed it was time. It was very peaceful. The vet and I cried, and Sam just went to sleep.

Sam was still "in there." He could still do everything he liked: eat, counter-surf, explore trash cans. Everything--except sleep pain-free. And that was enough.

I'll be thinking of you and Tempo. Give him a kiss from me.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I too will be thinking of you and Tempo. He's a good boy, and he has a good person at his side.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You and Tempo are in my thoughts. I really struggled when faced with the decision you are making and know how so difficult it is.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

It is never an easy decision even when faced with a terminal disease as often there will be a good day, then a bad day, etc. You know your pup and you know how he is doing better than anyone else. Whenever you do make the decision, know that you fought hard for your boy and he loved every additional day you have given him.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest fastcasper

My thoughts are with you and Tempo. At this point, it's not too soon. Have him cross the bridge with all his dignity in tact. We have all been there and have had to face the exact decision you have before you. We are all there to help you through too.

I am so very very sorry. Tempo was a very special boy and I so wanted him to have more time. Hang in there as the coming days and weeks will be rough. Please keep in mind you did everything for your boy and he loved you for it.

Run free Tempo, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Gone far too soon...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry for your loss of Tempo.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I have followed your posts since Tempo's diagnosis and am so sad to read this. My thoughts will be with you and Rocko. Rest well, Tempo.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm so sorry for your loss of Tempo. Gentle hugs to you in your grief.

Tempo, I'll be watching for your star tonight. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LazyBlaze

I'm so so sorry to read this. Tempo was such a beautiful boy and you did absolutely everything you could have done for him. Strength to you for the coming days and months. I hope you and Rocko will be okay.

Run In Peace Tempo............................

:grouphug

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest fastcasper

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I was also following Tempo on this forum. He had a great dad!!! His ship came in when you adopted him....he was a very lucky boy indeed. My thoughts are with you. Casper and I are thinking of you!