Osteo Thread Part V I I

Good thoughts for Tempo and you Jay. I hope it's just another small battle that you can both overcome to give you more time together comfortably and happy. I so understand where you are at though and you will do right by Tempo no matter what.

Good thoughts also go out for Katie. I read all the updates and will continue to think of you both as you battle yet again.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two tramadols in and its not helping. he is half asleep, but keeps kicking his leg out and around, as if he's searching for a comfortable way to rest it that he cant find. this is exactly what he was doing with his now amputated leg right before his diagnosis. i dont think its a stretch to say that im all but certain he now has a tumor in his leg or on his spine. for the pain to be this bad, its all i can think of.

i am now waiting to hear back from the ER doctor. if i can, i'd like to take him in to get confirming films on his back legs and spine before making any decisions.

this is not unfolding as i had imagined. i am sitting with him on the floor right now, and rather than being sad, i am simply extraordinarily worried that he is in too much pain. stopping that from happening is all thats important at the moment, even though i have a feeling that if we leave for the vet, tempo wont be coming back home with me.

I'm sorry to hear that Tempo is having some problems .. hopefully it will just be a leg cramp and he will settle after a bit.

Tempo can get as much as 300 mgs at a dose for pain, and it might be good to have a "loading dose" to get ahead of things (if you can). Hopefully the vet who prescribed it didn't go too conservatively with the dosage. I really hope this helps.

It just breaks my heart about Katie, Steve. Good thoughts as you deal with this too.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest fastcasper

With Casper's phantom pain, my oncologist said I can bump his gabapentin to 500 mg every 8 hours. He said 600 is "pushing it". I have had Casper on 400 mg of gabapentin and 20 mg of valium and it works wonders for his pain. May want to ask the vet how high of a dose you can go. Tramadol can make the hounds agitated and anxious (panting). My doc took Casper off that. Was Tempo checked for pancreatitis??

My thoughts are definitely with Katie, Tempo and Python.

Jay, when Pinky's cancer returned and was just generally making her feel like crud (and sucking away her energy), she was running a temp. Zeniquin helped.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Tempo started on Rimadyl last night and, with the addition of Gabapentin along with a decrease in Tramadol to zero (it was sending him to the moon) he is feeling a little better. He is still very slow, and has some difficulty getting up and down, but it's nowhere near as bad, and I can actually recognize him as my dog now.

I spent late Saturday night in the ER, but x-rays on his legs were negative. I will go in to meet with the oncologist tomorrow morning in order to try to get a better handle of what is happening with him. If he has a tumor in his spine or other bones, I think that's going to be the end of the road. This weekend, when he was a vegetable and I had him in the ER, I saw what the end could look like if we wait too long, and I don't want him to have to be like that again.

We'll keep Tempo in our thoughts and hope that you still have some quality time with your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

katie went to join alex and nikki this afternoon. we didn't even get the chance to treat her. it came on so fast.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, Steve.

Godspeed, pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Steve, I'm so sorry she's gone.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

katie went to join alex and nikki this afternoon. we didn't even get the chance to treat her. it came on so fast.

I am so sad and sorry to read this. I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm speechless, Steve. I'm so, so sorry :grouphug

She and Pinky will have a ball together at the Bridge though :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Steve, I am so very sorry you lost your beautiful girl.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm SO devastated to hear this. I read a post on facebook from a mutual friend (Aimee F) about a greyhound named Katie who had to say goodbye abruptly and I was praying that when I signed on here it wouldn't be your Katie. I'm so so sorry :(

Steve, I am beyond sorry and words do so little. Very shocking for you and the rest of us that were hoping for more time for your girl.