Remy 1/8/03 - 7/18/13

claudiav

Remy battled OS for 14 weeks before he could no longer tolerate the pain, and his quality of life became just about nonexistent.

I am DEVASTATED. I don't even have the strength to write a full tribute.

I believe his right rear leg was injured as a young pup, because he wasn't even registered with a real racing name (just Stone). He was never a racer, and was very timid, though not a spook. He ended up spending 4 yrs in a lab as a blood donor. When I think of the life he had, probably crated 23 hrs a day, I just want to scream! I've heard of these ignorant vets who think greyhounds aren't good pets, and the only thing they're good for are blood donors. It makes me cringe. When I adopted him at 6 yrs of age, he clearly had no idea what life was outside of a crate. He wouldn't come out of it except to poop/pee, eat, and get some loving. Then, he would quickly go back inside. It took a week to coax him out, and onto a couch. He clearly had never felt a couch and was scared to sit on it. It took another 6 weeks for him to muster the courage to jump up on my bed. He was scared to death of my sweet, calm, super friendly cat. After 3 months, he finally stopped shaking and running away from him. Over time, they grew to sleep together on the couch, or in bed with me.

He was attached to my hip and always watched me anxiously when I left his side (and he couldn't follow). He was my first greyhound, my heart healer after my 12 yr old German Shepherd passed, and the absolute BEST dog ever!!! He was my goofy, happy-go-lucky baby!!We were robbed of at least 2-4 more years. I am so angry. If OS could be traced back to a human being, I would beat him to a pulp! He deserved so much more for his poor 6 yrs he gave before coming home with me.

If I can gather the strength to come back and write more of a tribute, and post more pics, I will...

For now, this is his Gotcha pic on 6/5/09 (http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1596836)

Rest in peace My Darling Remy. No more corns. no more pain. Run free.

You changed my life. I will never be the same without you. I will always have a hole in my heart. I will never forget you. I hope we will see each other again.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

The day Remy came to live with you is the day he started to *live* his life. You gave him that. It was the best day of his life. :grouphug I'm so sorry for the Remy-sized hole in your heart right now. He was a P's Raising Cain baby, of course he was wonderful. :heart

Godspeed beautiful boy. :f_pink

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry he couldn't stay longer with you, in the beautiful life you made for him.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss of Remy.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

The day Remy came to live with you is the day he started to *live* his life. You gave him that. It was the best day of his life. :grouphug I'm so sorry for the Remy-sized hole in your heart right now. He was a P's Raising Cain baby, of course he was wonderful. :heart

I couldn't agree more with Jan's post above. How fortunate you and Remy were to have found each other! And what a wonderful life you guys had together.

He was beautiful..just looked at his pic from the link you posted. I am so very sorry.

Godspeed, sweet Remy.

:grouphugf_yellow

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Claudia, I am so very sorry. I understand your anger and heartache, it is no fair. What you did for Remy was give him a life that he loved and he showed it by blossoming into a wonderful, loving pup. This is the life he remembers and I am sure he is forever grateful to you for that. It does not make it any easier, it just doesn't. Hang in there.

Run free Remy, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Run free Remy! I am so sorry that Osteo took you away :( You are healthy now with all the other pups. Smile down from time to time ok?

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

:gh_lay Cancer is so limited

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit.

:grouphug:f_red

how do I go back and add pics in 1st post? I don't see the edit button there...

If you're not a GT supporter, you only have 30 minutes to go back and edit.

Claudia, I'm so sorry you lost Remy. And thru the link in your first post I found that Remy was half brother to my little Bwat, Opal. She's white/black but with LOTS of ticking, just like Remy. Scott Free was daddy to both.

:grouphug

Edited by MP_the4pack

Guest Yankeegreyhound

As you know, I'm so sorry about Remy. I'm so lucky to have known him. He was a wonderful boy and taken from you too soon. My heart goes out to you because I know how much you loved him and how much he loved you. Hugs to you and Layla.

I could never say it half as eloquently as Jan did here. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

a few more pics to remember him by

After OS biopsy Apr 2013

biopsyday2_zps7b0a0d12.jpg

RemyampMom_zps251cdf93.jpg

Remyresting_zps48f04c77.jpg

REmysnoozing2_zps28a70ff6.jpg

BBQ playdate at our house with 11 other greys

BBQplaydate_zps319a8032.jpg

4th of July playdate

Remy4thofJuly_zps85ce2f26.jpg

Last week, eating ice cream

Remyicecream_zps276fa5fa.jpg

Last nite alive, his aunties and unkas came to say goodbye to him

RemyampMarcie_zps2d279f29.png

Remynose1_zps28926d85.jpeg

our last family photo

RemyMomLeyla_zpsc8a6bdf3.jpg

Edited by claudiav

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.