Another Newbie!

Guest Hatsumi

Guest Hatsumi

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself as I've been lurking for a while now and mining for information, so I thought I'd try and contribute to the community that's helped so much in the past few weeks.

My name is Amanda and my Houndie was called Dayton. Unfortunately we had to have him put to sleep very recently due to a complication of a spinal problem. He was 14 years and 6 months when he left us, we were very much hoping he would make it to 15 :(

We adopted him from a greyhound re-homing centre when he was 9, so we had always know him as an old boy but it never stopped him! He had always had health problems and the centre was sure they would never get him a forever home due to his quirky ways and little problems, but we had an amazing vet who kept him active and healthy.

In the future we are planning to adopt again, hopefully a pair of seniors who need a home. I don't know why but I love the older ones. Anyway, hopefully I can share whatever grey knowledge I have and help some other grey owners out. I've (hopefully) attached a few pictures of our old handsome guy :) Thanks Everyone!

4d95d8d3-d2a0-4f23-a224-f49b52f8738a_zps

52eec468-eabf-468d-8d07-d9444602f70f_zps

Guest Clawsandpaws

Welcome! He was very handsome :)

Where are you located? Im probably too far for you, but always keep your eyes open for a pair of bonded bounce seniors! My group in South Florida has a pair of 7 yr old girls that we would love to rehome together. Thank you for adopting seniors!

Hi Amanda. Welcome from Kansas!! :welcome2

Dayton was a very distinguished looking guy, and it sounds like he had an amazing life with you. I hope you find a couple of seniors to grace your couch again very soon.

Thanks for posting pictures of Dayton!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest undergreysspell

Hello and welcome - I'm sorry for your recent loss but so happy to hear you want to adopt seniors again. I look forward to seeing pictures of them!!

How wonderful that you adopted Dayton. It sounds like he had a greyt life with you. Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome to GT. I'm so sorry for your loss. Dayton was a lucky hound to have been adopted by you at age 9. I'm sure they were the best years of his life. Thank you for adopting him and being willing to open your heart to seniors again.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome from Mid-Michigan! :wave

When the time comes for you to open your heart and home to a senior hound or two, Dayton will steer you to the greyhounds that need you most (and you need most).

Greytalk can be a dangerous place - Both my bridge boy, Doc and my Gus, came to me after I saw posts here trying to place these "special" dogs in a new home. :lol You'll just know when you see them!!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dayton was exceptionally handsome.

It's good to have you here :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Where are you located? I just saw a thread in EEG that has a pair of Seniors looking for a home.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17