Bobble Head Foster

Guest Addie

Guest Addie

When we got our foster Spinning Doc two weeks ago, it was a bit warm on the ride home and we noticed that he was bobbling his head, I just chalked it up to panting and the movement of the van. Today he was doing it again but not panting. He was totally aware and it did not seem like a seizure or anything. But it was like he couldn't help it. He then went and laid down on a bed and it stopped as soon as he put his head down. He got up a few minutes later and is fine (He was neutered yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it?) Just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before?

946859_662290470467826_744378037_n.jpg

1044708_662290493801157_1633603888_n.jpg

Our Nigel does this on occasion.

Read this recent thread for more info...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185422468149107/

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Addie

I do think its the "idiopathic head bobbing syndrome" could it be anything else? Maybe the vet could of missed on his check up before he was neutered? His blood work is good too.

It could be a number of other things, and I am not a vet. Best things to do would be to talk with the vet about head tremors. Take notes on when your boy's episodes happen including time of day and what he was just doing prior, how long each lasts, what any possible triggers were. If they seem to happen often, keep dog cookies in your pockets. Be hopeful that it's a quirk that some greyhounds have, but be prepared in case it is neurological. Bloodwork/a general exam won't always reveal neurological issues.

Your foster boy is very handsome, by the way. Relax and let him relax. Chances are as he relaxes, the tremors will lessen.