Question About Paws & Update W/ Pics

Guest mischaluvsgreys

Guest mischaluvsgreys

Hi grey lovers! I havn't posted in awhile but it's been almost 3 months since Ms. Dominica (we call her "Minnie") entered my life & she is doing greyt! This morning was extra fun because Dominica met her first greyhound at the dog park (Ellie). She is a sweet young fawn & Dominica loved her. In fact, Dominica sniffed her out as soon as she caught a glimpse of another grey.

Here is my question though. Sometimes when my boyfriend Matt (or me) go to greet Dominica (when she's awake and inviting, of course) she will cover her face with her paws and wipe. I looked it up online and on yahoo answers people said it was embarassment? What could Minnie possibly be embarassed about, she's so cute looking! lol. Any insigh would be much appreciated. Thankyou for taking a look at my post. :ghplaybow <------Ellie, Minnie's new friend (I set up play dates with her owners and will snap some pics asap)

Dominica letting her personality shine :hehe
minnie.jpg

2013_July_012.jpg
2013_06_11_19_36_49.jpg
*I know the top's a lil blurry but I couldn't resist posting*

Guest RMarie

What a cutiepie!!! Is that a sit I see?? What a good girl!

Her paw wiping sounds cute. I'm not sure dogs comprehend the emotion of embarrassment. She sounds like a trick dog. :rollin

I think she's just trying to get your attention.... she's being cheeky..... my Remy does this all the time... I love it.... I think it's adorable...

missed your updates on Dominica... glad to hear she's all you expected... she looks as sweet as can be... I still believe your BF is completely wrong about boys... but whatever.... you're both happy and that's what counts... don't discount those boys b/c of your BF's past experience with another dog (and different breed if I remember correctly)....

more pics please :bunny

Edited by claudiav

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Guest mischaluvsgreys

yes I also don't agree with him regarding males. In fact my next grey WILL be a male :hehe:devilangel No ifs ands or buts about it LOL.

The paw wiping is sometimes just a playful thing, sometimes they are itching their face. Definitely not embarrassment, dogs don't have the capability to be embarrassed. I taught my old dog to do this on command using a clicker. :)