Belly Bands

Guest greytone

Guest greytone

Hey guys,

I am having some problems with my old guy peeing in the house. I know its because of his heart meds. He used to bark when he had to go out and now he just goes into my laundry room and does his business. Where can I buy a belly band?

Yep, that's where I got mine years ago and they've held up really well.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I recommend HOT also. All the proceeds goes to the dogs. Prompt service and a good product.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We take in Seniors and special needs greyhounds so have these problems. They usually set themselves up with an emergency potty area. In your case the laundry room. We lay reusable incontinence pads down in their area. We lay down a double layer or triple layer. We can just pick up the soiled pad and place in the washer. With layering you are ready for the next emergency as you may forget to lay down a fresh one.

He can not help it when he has to go and probably feels really bad about going in the house. It's like a person on Lasix. No time to bark, gotta go. I have used belly bands but feel bad they are old and going around wet. This could also bring on a UTI.

Invacare ® Extra Reusable Bedpads
ISG13452 (Each)
Size : 34" x 52" Capacity : Absorbs 2300 cc

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

If he's on a diuretic for his heart, he won't be able to hold it and may even leak in his sleep. My weimaraner did when she had to do on lasix.

I used a belly band with a human incontinence pad inside it for my boy, Cruz, when he became incontinent during the last stages of kidney failure. I bought the generic version of the Poise Pads at a local grocery store. They did not leak if the belly band was snug and the pad soaked up the urine so it didn't touch his skin (they will hold a lot of urine BTW). His skin was never wet when I changed him and it never showed any sign of irritation. I did wipe him down with baby wipes a couple of times a day.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest kkaiser104

If he's on a diuretic for his heart, he won't be able to hold it and may even leak in his sleep. My weimaraner did when she had to do on lasix.

I used a belly band with a human incontinence pad inside it for my boy, Cruz, when he became incontinent during the last stages of kidney failure. I bought the generic version of the Poise Pads at a local grocery store. They did not leak if the belly band was snug and the pad soaked up the urine so it didn't touch his skin (they will hold a lot of urine BTW). His skin was never wet when I changed him and it never showed any sign of irritation. I did wipe him down with baby wipes a couple of times a day.

This sounds like the best option.

Guest greytone

We take in Seniors and special needs greyhounds so have these problems. They usually set themselves up with an emergency potty area. In your case the laundry room. We lay reusable incontinence pads down in their area. We lay down a double layer or triple layer. We can just pick up the soiled pad and place in the washer. With layering you are ready for the next emergency as you may forget to lay down a fresh one.

He can not help it when he has to go and probably feels really bad about going in the house. It's like a person on Lasix. No time to bark, gotta go. I have used belly bands but feel bad they are old and going around wet. This could also bring on a UTI.

Invacare ® Extra Reusable Bedpads

ISG13452 (Each)

Size : 34" x 52" Capacity : Absorbs 2300 cc

Thank so much for the suggestion of the reusable bedpads. I never thought about that.

I think Freddie choose the laundry room because our backdoor is there and we have owned our house for 2 years (so not that long). However, the previsous owners had 5 dogs and all were afraid of storms. They would close the dogs off in the laundry room during the storm (and their dogs did their business in there) and to this day, I still can't get the smell of pee out of the floor. I am thinking about tearing up the floor and putting new in.