A Whole New Level Of Gross...

This morning, I suspected, but could not confirm, that Robin had had a small poop accident, but had eaten it to hide the evidence(he's been doing this occasionally lately--with his hind end weakness, it surprises him in the night sometimes). I just knew it, but couldn't prove it.

Until this evening. I came home at 6:00 and Robin jumped off the bed, came in the kitchen, and puked on the floor. It was liquid, brown, and smelled like poop.

There's my proof. I KNEW it. :puke

I nearly puked in the kitchen myself after that. Good lord. And now he has the nerve to be hungry. :chow

The joys of an old dog.... :rolleyes:

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

My old man has diarrhea. He insists on going outside every 10-15 minutes, and I ignore him at my peril (and that of my carpets).

In an effort to prevent nasty poop pools all over the condo common area, I'm following him around with paper plates.

Oh, nuts. He's looking out the back window and whining again. This has been going on for three hours.

(I'm not letting him have food or meds, but he's getting all the water he wants--which has been a lot.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

It smells worse somehow once it is processed by digestive fluids for 12 hours....

He had some dinner. (It's not a bug, just mostly empty stomach all day that made him throw up, so I'm not concerned about fasting him...)

Now he's begging for my peas. He wants them. He is panting for them. He is hanging over my keyboard for them. Breathing hot steamy air in my face for them. With poopy puke breath.

Sigh...

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Of course he's hungry, there's nothing in his stomach :)

The joys of an old dog.... You bet :heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Eli did this when he had gastroenteritis (twice). It was horrendous. He had diarrhea in his crate at night and ate it, then about 4:30/5 am, it all came back up. And kept coming up. Even in the car on the way to the vet. You're right - it does smell much worse. I felt so sick for the rest of the day :lol

I'm glad Robin's seems to be an isolated incident!

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

My old man has diarrhea. He insists on going outside every 10-15 minutes, and I ignore him at my peril (and that of my carpets).

In an effort to prevent nasty poop pools all over the condo common area, I'm following him around with paper plates.

Oh, nuts. He's looking out the back window and whining again. This has been going on for three hours.

(I'm not letting him have food or meds, but he's getting all the water he wants--which has been a lot.)

I buy kaopectate by the gallon and use it liberally (very) when necessary. I learned that from when I worked at the UGA Vet School. God only knows the amount they went through while I worked there.

kaopectate comes in caplet form now! it's wonderful no more chalky liquid all over the walls~ also plain rice that is over cooked will give him the water he needs. tanking up on water adds to the situation. when my saluki had parvo- (and he survived!) it was small ammounts of over cooked white rice and that was it in the begining. then i added a simple carb- human grahm crackers, very small amounts. but i would talk to your vet and see what he would do, kao/tylan/flagyl and if he should stay on his meds. his system will be off from the gi upset and not have necessary meds may really throw things off.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Not the same, but whenever I catch Laika or Vivie eating out of the cat box, I give them a pigs ear or something to work all of it out of their teeth and mouth. Scrubbing the inside clean, sorta. At least so I can't smell it on their breath anyway.

Somehow before I even opened this thread I knew what it would be about. My Beagle Nigel used to do this. Grossest worst smelling thing ever. I miss him but not this behavior. Eww.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.