Have You Heard Of This Food?

I found this food called Annameat Dog Food. It's made in the USA and its antibiotic free. The bites are super small which is good because I think that's part of Mason's issue. The first few ingredients are salmon meal, brown rice, venison meal, millet(?), rolled oats, pearled barley Menhaden oil (?), vitamin e.

Thoughts? It's reasonably priced and made by a guy who does dogsledding (just an interesting side note). I'm not great with food ingredients so I would appreciate thoughts and input.

TIA-

GG

This might help people. This is being spelled Annamaet, I am guessing this is the food? Annamaet Petfoods.

And here's your dogfoodadvisor.com result: Dog Food Advisor. It explains that weird ingredient, menhaden oil -- it's a fish oil! <off to see what a menhaden looks like>

I really like that the first and third ingredients are protein meals.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest WhiteWave

Annamaet is an awesome food. Good company. Made at a good plant, no recalls. Low ash, good quality ingredients. The owner of the company is very nice and will take the time to speak to you personally if needed about his food. I just wish I could get it locally. I can order online, but prices seem to run higher for their food online. There grain free line is pretty awesome. If I could afford it, I would feed it to all my dogs over any other food out there.

I apparently can't get it in Canada. Maybe online (didn't investigate) but the shipping cost would be crazy. :(

ETA: There apparently is a Canadian distributor to the pet store industry -- I've emailed them to see if I can get samples before I ask my local store to bring any in for me. Here's hoping! No matter how good a food may be... it's useless if she doesn't like it.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance