Discharge!

Guest Zizi

Guest Zizi

I noticed today that Jerzi had some discharge on her vaginia, I looked closer and there was a big blob of it no her tail. I was not sure if it was coming from her vagina or tail. I looked the tail over really good (thinking maybe sore there that caused this) found nothing going on with tail. I'm assuming that it came from her vaginia.

She was spayed about 3 weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to take her to vet?

I wipe it all away earlier and nothing more has shown up!

Guest Zizi

Paige gets clear viscous discharge from her vagina. It seems to occur once a month so I just keep a general eye and don't worry too much.

Do you know what causes it? I have never heard of this.

It's normal for there to be some smallish amount of clear, non-smelly discharge. It's just mucus.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Passion has that too. She does a great job of keeping it clean back there. :lol It's pretty funny watching her.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Zizi

It's normal for there to be some smallish amount of clear, non-smelly discharge. It's just mucus.

It was kinda just white, no smell at all! Is this something with just female greyhounds. I have had other breeds of females and never have seen this. Does it happen often?

I've always thought it was like all female animals. The body produces 'stuff' (I'm not a medical person, but I think this is the correct term :-) ) and some of it excretes as part of normal functioning. Kind of like we do. I'd worry if it smelt, was a huge amount, or if she was obsessive about it (because of irritation or whatever). Read some of the threads on cleaning the boys' sheaths. Again, normal excretions.

But the first time I saw it, I almost whisked Paige straight off to the vet. Then I rethought, searched here and google and decided to wait it out. Like I said, for PK it happens once a month, and almost in sync with my own cycles - text whited out in case of TMI!. Please be careful when quoting.