Fluid Like Lump On Front Leg

Jonelle has an appt with the vet at 2:30 today. We found a lump on her left front leg that feels like it is fluid filled as opposed to a hard lump. It is below her elbow and above her wrist. Almost exactly halfway. It just came up this weekend. Any ideas? I am worried about the worst and and about ready to start breathing into a paper bag.

She flies through the yard after squirrels and may have injured it that way. It is not painful and she is not limping. The only other thing I can think of is that she may have grazed the handle of the roller cover for the pool. It sticks out a bit and if positioned just right it lines up with the lump. She may have hit the handle as she was flying by.

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

Think hematoma. That sounds most likely to me. I've had dogs get soft, squishy lumps after injuries. Took a while for it to disappear completely but those did. All well after several days. Hope it's that simple for your pup.

Though I think it's good to have vet examine, please don't start hyperventilating yet. As my old vet always used to say, "When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras."

Please don't get lost in that paper bag. It's nothing. It just has to be nothing. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We are back. Xrays reveal no bone problems. :yay May have a cyst starting or could be soft tissue injury. Deramaxx and cold compresses will likely resolve it in a few days. Fine needle aspirate would likely yield nothing per vet. Thanks to both posters who replied. I was quite calm by the time we arrived. :)

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

My oldest grey has one on his chest. It is soft and squishy. The vet says it is a cyst and nothing to worry about. I can really move it around. I was super worried too when we found Ziggy's and took him to the vet. I am glad you got good news.

:yay Thanks for updating us.

:dogcookie for Jonelle, :cheers (paperbags are good for something, lol) for her mom.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Do we need a permanent thread called the Paper Bag Club? For all those times when you end up in an absolute state with no way of calming down till you get to the vet. NOT for specific discussions about injuries (per this thread or the others here) but a general calming influence? I know I've been in the state several times.