Gastrocnemius Tendon Tear

Guest Linn

Guest Linn

Does anyone have any experience with a tear in the gastrocnemius tendon? The tear is right where the tendon attaches to the bone at the point of the hock. Ace has had x-rays and an ultra sound done and there appears to be no cancer but there is some swelling.

So far they have him on deramaxx 75....3/4 to 1 pill a day. I have been giving him 1 becasue he seems to be having such a hard time limping around. They say it could be 2-3 months before it gets better. The vet is checking with a surgeon to see if we should have a cast or support on it but he thinks that putting one on will cause too much pressure at the joint. I should hear from him later today or tomorrow.

Ace is such a good boy and I feel so bad for him.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

i've been thru Achilles Tendon Tear with my angle Rascal. BOTH back legs at the same time!

he went thru attachment surgery - then one leg healed too tight and we did a release under his toes surgery

Rascal had weeks of full casts on his back legs and then weeks of therapy

He lived a long healthy fun filled life after the healing. He came on dog walks and could do a little jog around the yard,,, but never

saw him RUN again. that's ok,, he was a saunter-er anyway ~ couldn't be hurried up for nothing. :)

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14