I Bex Flirtygirl 12/24/1999 - 07/01/2013

Guest ladyhound

Guest ladyhound

073_zpsbac9e12d.jpg

Flirty was a special, special girl. Her loss was very sudden and more heartbreaking than I can say. She lived to her 13th year, 7th month, just like my first greyhound Luna did. Still not even close to long enough...But I am so grateful, truly grateful for every single moment I was given with my beautiful Flirt.

Flirty came to us at 10 and a half years old, from the farm. My dear friend Lesley (president of Its a Grey Area) brought her to me. I can never, ever, ever, thank her enough for Flirt. Flirt has been my Princess from the moment she arrived and I can only hope and pray she knows how much I love her. I told her every day and I still feel it wasn't enough. She helped Jade and I to survive the loss of my Luna, my first greyhound. We would not have survived without Flirty. She was my heart healer. Flirty was so special.

First photo I ever saw of Flirty (I was already in love once I heard she was a brood mama who was almost 11....but this photo? I was head over heels!):

0022_zpsa961e759.jpg

Unique, funny, bossy, silly mama girl. She just loved to be loved. Soaked up the attention, pets,love, kisses... she could be wacky and silly with her toys. She was such a joy.

006-9_zpsa9a90c03.jpg

She was half of my greyhound review team for my website. She and Jade got to try lots of pet treats and toys from different companies and I loved posting the photos of them trying stuff out. I've always been so proud of my girls when my readers would post how cute they were.

006_zps979b7554.jpg

Some recent photos of my girl outside in the summer sunshine:

FLirtJade011_zps116d1c04.jpg

FLirtJade002_zps47648240.jpg

Flirt Flirt, I miss you so much that there are not words big enough for it. I'm a writer but this is where words utterly fail me...they just aren't good enough. Please never ever forget that I love you, more than words can say. Tomorrow it's been three years since Luna left, and one week since you left. It's so sad for Jade and for me right now. We are lost without you, baby girl. But we are so happy that you are free from hurt, that you are happy and free. I'd have done anything to save you... but the only right way to "save" anything was to save you from the horrible suffering and set you free. So that is what I did. You play up at the Rainbow Bridge with Luna, and wait for me and Jade. We will all be together again, I promise you that baby girl. I love you FlirtFlirt. XOXOXO

My God I miss my girl so much. My heart is broken and I'm trying to remember all the smiles and joy.

Edited by ladyhound

Guest PiagetsMom

It's so hard to put into words what's in your heart.....it never seems to be enough. But, I think you can be sure that Flirt knew how much you loved her. She was a beautiful girl.....I'm so very sorry :grouphug

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special girl.

Run with the angels, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How could you not have fallen totally head-over-heals in love with that face :heart What a wonderful friend your Flirty has been to you, and you to her. I'm so sorry for the pain in your heart right now. :grouphug

Godspeed beautiful girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry your lost your gorgeous Flirty girl. Your words spoke volumes about her. Just by looking at her pictures, she knew she was cherished. Hugs to you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so very sorry. She was a beautiful girl and she came to you when you needed her and you found her when she needed you. It was a perfect match and I am sure she loved every minute with you.

Run free Flirty, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry. She was a special girl in so many ways. I'm sorry she had to leave.

Her story--wacky red broodie born December '99 and adopted at 10 1/2+ with the help of a striking photo who becomes the family Princess--is so similar to Cal's that I almost feel I knew her.

Godspeed Flirty.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

An extremely beautiful and moving tribute just like Flirty. I so recognize the "broodmom look"-that head shot is classic and so beautiful. Love the dog wine shot to-what a girl! And I so identify with the heart healer mission she fulfilled. Isn't it amazing how they know to come to us at exactly the right time that we need them? Maybe she will send you a sign to reassure you that she is happy nad healthy again. God bless her.

My deepest sympathy. Sending lots of roses and hugs but the 'post' emoticons won't work for me this morning.

Edited by racindog

I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Flirty.

Run free, sweetie.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Jennifer, I was so very sad to hear of Flirty's passing. She was a very special girl for sure. A hug to you my friend. I hope you and Jade are doing well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug .

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead