Laying Down Question

Guest shadow

Guest shadow

My greyhound sort of squats before laying down. Almost like he's lowering himself slowly, almost like he's going to poop. He's 3 and in good health. Is this just a thing they do? He is a big boy

Thanks

Have you ever started to sit on the floor, lost your balance, and landed hard? Your boy knows exactly how uncomfortable that's going to feel, so he's unlikely to flop down on the floor or the concrete or even the grass.

On the other hand, it sounds like you have a dog that might learn to sit. My girl won't: she puts her hip down first when she's going to lie down. (She's also got a gimpy back leg, so I don't push her.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest AngelPup

Ok thank God. I actually thought he was going to poop the first time he layed down! Lol

LOL! This happened to us here with Brady. Once with me and once with my husband. The first time I was in my bedroom--no doggie bed--and Brady started to squat on a pile of my husband's clothes between his chest of drawers and our bed (narrow space). I yelled for him to go out side and he was just looking at me, as if to say, "Um, I don't need to go?!" I then realized he was just trying to carefully lay down.

The second time my husband was in the kitchen and I was in the livingroom walking over to the couch. My husband yelled STOP and was running over to Brady. I jumped a mile and looked over at Brady who was slowly trying to lay down on our rug. I've noticed he does that when he's trying to lie down on something that may not be soft and cushy. He doesn't do that when laying down in his crate or on his dog bed.