Sometimes It Just Gets To Be Too Much

After having to deal with their cancers and losing Bruiser in February and then Beanie in March it seems that life didn't think that was enough trouble for me this year. When I took Nadir to Auburn to try to find out why he has been having the problem with increased urination they were not able to give me an answer. What they did tell me though is that he has a very large thrombus at the aortic trifurcation along with a heart that shows a hyperechoic myocardium on echocardiogram with signs of systolic failure. So I go straight from cancer to dealing with a heart problem. Right now he's on Clopidogrel to help prevent the formation of more clots. And bless my vet, he once again has come through to help me with the medication. The lowest price I was able to find at a pharmacy was $45 per month. He got me a 3-month supply for $25. We go back Wednesday to Auburn for our 3rd appointment and 2nd echocardiogram. Considering all the panting he's been doing at the slightest bit of exertion I'm not feeling that good about the prognosis, which they've listed as guarded, of his condition. I've had enough of my dogs being sick, I just want him to be well. Is that really so much to ask for?

:( :( :(

Hoping the vets can help your pup to feel better. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's what we all want. Good luck with the tests next week. Keeping your dog in all good, positive thoughts.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh, this really is too much! It really is unfair to have to deal with so many traumatic illnesses so close together (or at all!).

It's wonderful that you vet can help you get good prices on meds, but it would be even better if the universe could take away your need for them!

Sending good wishes to both you and your lovely boy Nadir.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Sigh ... Yep. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:bighug it is one of the downsides to having multiple pets. I tell all of mine that only one is allowed to be sick at a time, and they have to wait at least six months between serious illnesses. Now, if I could only find a way to enforce that! Things do seem to come in clumps :(

Edited by Remolacha

Guest dobiegrey

OH I know, I feel your pain and frustration, I am dealing with Betty's attack and Jack my dobie being diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy at the same time, plus, Jack is diabetic, has seizures and hypothyroid, his breeding was awful wouldn't you say?!?!?!?!? But anyway sometimes it seems to hit all at once and I too am exhausted and just want to feel NORMAL!! So I will pray for you and you pray for me ok? ok!

Oh, Judy, we want him to be well too! I'm so sorry you're going through so much sadness. When everything happens that close together, it's quite overwhelming. Sounds like you have a wonderful vet, though.

Hugs and good thoughts from me, and nose kisses from Lydia.

She's sending lots of "telepafic good thots" to her sweetie.

nancy151.jpg

Lydia just wanted everyone to know that even when Nadir is sick, and his Mom is worried about him, they still are so sweet and kind to her and to me.

Burpdog---just 'cause!

nancy061.jpg

nancy064.jpg

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh for goodness sake! At least you found this earlier rather than later--early diagnosis is key. Sending good wishes to you and Nadir.

This is the part that scares me, I don't think we caught it early. Looking back, I now know the weakness I started seeing in his backend in October was from the large clot that is sitting there. Right now just even just walking on leash outside to potty causes him to pant and breathe heavily.

Edited to add, Nancy thank you sooooo much for the pictures of Lydia's sweet face. Nadir's a very lucky hound to be able to call her his sweethart.

Edited by 4My2Greys

This is the part that scares me, I don't think we caught it early. Looking back, I now know the weakness I started seeing in his backend in October was from the large clot that is sitting there. Right now just even just walking on leash outside to potty causes him to pant and breathe heavily.

Edited to add, Nancy thank you sooooo much for the pictures of Lydia's sweet face. Nadir's a very lucky hound to be able to call her his sweethart.

I hope they brought a smile. Wish we could do more. We're worried too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Judy, I just PM'd you,, and thought of more to add.

Plavix is now available GENERIC at Costco --- I think i pay $15 per month for Lazer ----

I am praying for a miracle for Nadir!

:hope:hope:hope

lorinda

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I know the feeling.

I hope the medication helps Nadir and he feels better for a good while yet.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Judy, I am so sorry you are going through this with Nadir. It is a very emotionally trying to deal with a sick pup and you have had more than your fair share over the last year. We will be thinking good thoughts for both you and Nadir and truly hope a protocol will work for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry you are going thru this!! You're right.......it's just too much, too soon.

If anyone knows what you're going thru, it's Lorinda (3DogNite). She was invaluable with her knowledge and support when Suze was dx'd with glomerulonephritis, not related except in palliative care/treatment. I truly believe that we would not have another 18 months with Suze without the alternative treatments she recommended. Reiki and acupuncture are wonderful complimentary treatments, too.

Praying for you and Nadir.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead