Jessie, Claire's Human, Making An Entrance.

Guest JessieRahl

Guest JessieRahl

Well hello wonderful hound lovers, thanks for having me! ^_^

I'm Jessie, 23 years old and live in Burlington, Vermont. I am the proud human of 3 year old Claire, formerly known as Madame Martini in her racing days. I actually didn't adopt her straight from a rescue, but took her off the hands of a young man who didn't really known what he was getting into when adopting a greyhound, and he was also going into the army. My mom has one herself and so I offered to take her in rather than let her probably get sent back to the shelter.

I'm currently training her to jump up into the backseat of my car, and plan to start clicker training when this hot humid weather lets up lol. Someday I'm hoping to adopt another, when I have a place of my own and a better job. In the meantime I love having my own hound to spoil. That's her in my signature, on a walk we had recently.

Thanks very much again for having me on here! B)

Edited by JessieRahl

Guest JessieRahl

Welcome from Windsor, Ontario! You know...there are un-written rules on greytalk, one of them being if you make an intro post, you should include pictures!! We are picture freaks! :riphair:lol

Haha alright, I'll post some more. I hope you're ready for a photo overload:

08a1347a-f1dc-481d-835c-ef3a250630b6_zps

I'm sleepy, lemme be!

f53ed930-f637-4fc3-801b-b2ba460c013d_zps

Before I got her a new collar.

7feac1fa-7f73-49c6-a809-1221ab322ee2_zps

Can I have a treat, please?

657977d3-ad3a-426b-9d8d-ef6e4b4bf89d_zps

My greyhound, Claire, with Lilly, my mom's hound. She's about 7 or 8 years old now.

383e8f26-9363-45f8-b41a-36be1324b389_zps

We went to a reunion at the adoption group where my mom and I got our hounds. Claire had lots of fun in the pool! ^_^

ea2798bd-1de9-4870-8925-c0773ba50755_zps

Resting after a long walk on the bike path! We went a lot farther than I originally intended lol.

Congrats and welcome!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

:wave from Ontario

Nixon, Ruby and Nigel all came up here from Northern Greyhound Adoptions in St.

Albans, Vermont

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Welcome to GT...Claire is beautiful and so is your mom's grey.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest JessieRahl

:wave from Ontario

Nixon, Ruby and Nigel all came up here from Northern Greyhound Adoptions in St.

Albans, Vermont

:o Yay! They're such a good group of people. I wish I lived closer, I'd help with walkies and turnouts every week.

Welcome Jessie, and your beautiful Claire!! Love the pics of her!

:welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France