Harness For Pup With Neck Issue

Miss Carrie is having a neck issue, so it's not recommended for me to walk her with a martingale anymore. I have the WWW No Pull harnesses for my iggies and we love them. So that would be my preferred brand and style of harness, but, my question is, is there any reason I SHOULDN'T use that style of harness on Carrie given that she has a neck issue? I wouldn't think so, but, wanted to check with other frequent harness users :)

I have a Premier SureFit harness that I use on Ace that I had purchased a long time ago to use when I took her swimming, so, she walks with that since we have it. We were not aware of WWW at the time (not even sure they were making those harnesses back in 2003...). It's OKAY...not my favorite though. It just never seems to fit right in all places no matter how you adjust it. Ace is an easy keeper though so it works well enough for her. I put it on Carrie this morning to take her to the vet though and it was just goofy and seemed very uncomfortable for her.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I use a harness from Silk Road Collars. Sammy doesn't have a neck issue, but his neck is WAY bigger than his head. I call him my linebacker! ;) I like the harness because it is adjustable in several places.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I use the WWW harness for Badger. It's been great for avoiding strain on his neck!

Hope she is doing better soon!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I use the WWW harness for my Diamond, who has a herniated disc in her neck. Works great.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

WWW is my harness of choice. I use them on my girls frequently and have had no problems. I'm sorry your girl is having neck issues. Hope she's better soon.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Another vote for the WWW harness ! Autumn doesn't really need it but I put one on her anyhow for my own peace of mind, if nothing else! Jack's head is quite narrow though and he can slip out of his collar very easily, no matter how snugly I think I've adjusted it! And, to tell the truth, I just feel that they are safer when they have their harnesses on!

Just wanted to send scritches and kissies to Carrie!

I don't have any input on harnesses, but I think you've already got all the input you need on that! :)

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I didn't like the old style of the WWW harnesses with the bulky hardware, but the newer ones that 2Hounds sell are much better. Our girl Celeste has a compressed disc in her neck. We've been walking her in a harness for years now. No problems with either the Premier or WWW.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest Gemma

I decided not to go for any kind of 'no pull' harness for Peyton when he was diagnosed with upper back/neck pain. I have one from majestic collars, which fits well and looks great. :) He did take a while to learn that a harness does not mean he is supposed to pull against it but it only took a week to teach him to walk nicely with it on.

Same as with "Mandy's Mom"-I too use Silk Road Collars harnesses, I like the velvet ones. My two are fairly young and thankfully in good health but in the past I lost two senior greyhounds to LS. If theres is even a small chance that using a harness rather then a neck collar will help prevent disk, spinal and neck issues in the future then I am fine with it. The harnesses put no restraint on the dog's back and neck and my two walk nicely on them. Regarding the no pull/front connect harnesses-they are designed to restrain your dog's movement and while these front connect harnesses work on dogs that pull or lunge, they also put pressure on the shoulder area and modify the dog's natural gait. So I won't use them. In my experience a back-connect harness balances out the dog's weight and is better for dogs who have neck or spinal issues. Silk Road Collars harnesses are really nice, they are adjustable at all points, have soft underside and have two point of contact clips, (I use the far back one on my dogs).