Zippy's Adopted Parents

Guest Lahti35

Guest Lahti35

Hello!

My wife and I were adopted by Zippy 4 years ago and have been loving it ever since! He's a sweet boy that loves to eat and sleep and eat.

I used to work for the local cable company doing installations in homes and one day I was at this place hooking up TV when I bumped into my first real live greyhound. I turned around from my task at hand and there was this big, sleek looking dog watching me. I'd always had golden retrievers but my last GR had passed away a few years before. I talked to the adopted owner for a while and walked out of the house that day knowing greyhounds were in my future!

Fast forward a year and I'm married and working at another place that lets me have time off so I figured the time was now. We contacted a few adoption places around the state and a month later a group brought two by our house. We felt a real twang in our hearts for Zippy. He was pretty rough, skinny, and missing part of his tail... but hungry! If we had more room we would have taken both!

He was right from the track and had not been in foster care. Well he settled in pretty quick after getting the hang of wood floors and stairs. It took a few months for that glazed eye robot look to go away, in fact he would not look you in the eye at all when he first got here. Now he comes right up and stares you down when its chow time.

We're set to move in a few months and want to be adopted by another grey so we're working hard to get relocated!

Jason, Jodi, and The Zippy!

Was the owner of the original greyhound on here? For some reason this story rings a bell to me.

Congrats on the pup and the move. Here's to Zippy getting a sibling as fabulous as he is.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

Was the owner of the original greyhound on here? For some reason this story rings a bell to me.

Congrats on the pup and the move. Here's to Zippy getting a sibling as fabulous as he is.

Rang a bell for me too :dunno

Anyway, congrats and welcome

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 1 month later...
Guest Lahti35

Thanks for the warm welcome! Its been awhile since I've been back here what with the house going up for sale and working full time+ No sale yet but we're hoping soon so we can get Zippy a sister!

Here's a few pics of our dude enjoying himself :pepper

298156_298472070170788_1541751409_n.jpg

314617_298473543503974_162139909_n.jpg

298156_298472063504122_1726702860_n.jpg

156923_175408215810508_1355522_n.jpg

64545_528534487164544_166981447_n.jpg

Zippy is gorgeous!! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France