Bert... Betabuckburt Aka The Bert Of Doofbert

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

I've not been able to post here. It's the end of an era..... Bert earned his angel wings, here in Texas -- in my arms with the Daddieman at his side.

Bert slowed down over the past few months.... not as many stuffies were slayed. But, he kept the sofas from levitating and played fun police when the younger hounds were too loud in the family room. He enjoyed romp in the yard every day or so. But suddenly, he was off his food and refused his meds for his LS. He ignored the noise of the young ones. He fell more each day and lost the ability to make to the play yard for the necessary.

We went over to our vets on the scheduled day/time. It was a sunny day. I left Bert off leash for a walk across the field. He explored the various smells (the field is used to walk horses) and turned in unison with me as I walked toward the office. We knew it was time for his journey to the Bridge. It was peaceful.

Bert came to us because we asked for him. I was able to see him in live race from Wonderland, right before he retired. I didn't care if he won or not.... but I sat in awe of his speed and his power.After his retirement, he went to the breeding farm, but one day I rc'd a call from Lindaj.... she let me know that Bert would be pet and asked if we wanted him..(We had his littermate, Sir D (aka Doofie). Augut 11, 2004 -- Bert's Gotcha Day.

I'll remember our Bert this way -- he never slept on the bed at home.... but was the first hound on the bed in any hotel room!

And the Doof+Bert in the snow....

The brudders are now together with Tessa and Bacchus.... having Pocono Black Party at the Bridge!

Run fast and Run Free Bert..... lead the black pack through the stars..... and, remember to send us some love in Texas!

post-7619-0-20182900-1372724006_thumb.jpg

post-7619-0-05373000-1372724073.jpg

Oh Jayne and Tim, I am so sad and sorry to read this. It is the end of the era for us. Take care.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Bert.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh Jayne and Tim, so sorry to hear this. Yes it seems an end to an era. Is Wink the only member left of the old GT chat pack?

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Rest in peace, dear Bert....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry.

Run with the angels, special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Run in Peace, sweet Bert!

I know Dude was there to meet him with Sir D and show him the ropes!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am so sorry that it was time for Bert to leave you. Our Sadie would have been at the gate, ready to greet her special friend.

Run free Bert, you will always be missed.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry you lost you sweet boy. I always loved his name, it is a testament to what a character he was. Thank you for sharing your memorial for with him with us.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I'm so sorry ... :grouphug

Rest in peace, Bert :brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:grouphug The close of a chapter is one of the tougher ones. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Run free Bert, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.