Jazzy; Uss Jubilee 9-2-02 To 6-28-13

Guest june

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I am so sorry! Such a beautiful girl inside and out.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a lovely tribute and picture! I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your precious Jazzy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Jazzy.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

i'm very sorry for your loss of Jazzy.

Run free sweet girl. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sorry for your loss :f_red

Run free beautiful girl.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so sorry to hear this news. I always looked forward to seeing your beautiful girl at meet and greets. What a wonderful life she had with you and your pack. We will all miss her.

Godspeed Jazzy!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest june

Thank you eveyone for all the support and prayers. It is one week that my girl is gone and although I'm still missing her horribly it is better. Although the pain will not go away until we meet again I can at least think and talk about her without crying all the time.

Looking through some things I've written about our experiences over the years I came across this piece I wrote several years ago that I thought I'd share with all of you.

February 27, 2011

The Love of One Greyhound

After 4 weeks of doing 2, two-hour shifts each week at a local event to promote greyhound adoption and raise money for our rescue I have to admit that when I went in this particular evening for my shift I was tired and ready for this event to be over. My exact thought was, "OK, tonight and tomorrow and I'll be done. Thank God." The mall was very quiet with only a few people, but that is not unusual for that time of the evening and it usually picks up later.

As people walked by I would invite them to pet Jazzy explaining that she is a greyhound, talking about greyhound adoption, answering questions and talking about the coupon books we were selling if they seem interested. Things didn't pick up much this evening and it was pretty slow.

At one point a gentleman (maybe in his mid 60's) stopped just outside the door to the store and stood there for several minutes just looking at Jazzy. I invited him to pet her assuring him that she was friendly. He replied, "No thank you. I'm not a pet person." And he stood there just looking at her. And Jazzy looked back. I finally started telling him about Jazzy and greyhounds in general. At one point he stated, "I don't like the racing." I talked about what wonderful pets greyhounds make. He looked very thoughtful as he looked at Jazzy. And Jazzy calmly looked at him.

More people came up and he stood there and watched as Jazzy went up to a woman in a wheelchair and stood so she could pet her. He watched Jazzy lay down so several small children could be brave enough to go to her and pet her. He watched her as a man walked up on legs amputated above his knees and Jazzy calmly walked up and let the man pet her as she stood eye to eye with him. For some of the older children Jazzy would do her tricks and nicely take treats from them. And the man stood there and watched. And the people would leave Jazzy would calmly look back at him.

When people moved on he would ask questions and at one point he said, "I had a bad experience." I told him how sorry I was but it was obvious to me he didn't want to talk about it. We spoke some more and more people came and went and he stood there just watching Jazzy be a good greyhound. As the next group of people left I turned back to talk to him. He had taken some money out of his pocket and placed it in the donation jar and I thanked him. He started to walk away but then turned back and said, "I'm not a pet person, but this is for everything you and she do to help the others." He walked away with his head down and then, almost as if embarrassed, he said, “God Bless both of you."

And I know that God has.

Thanks again for all the support. It means so very much!

Edited by june

What a lovely story! I have had people who said they were afraid of dogs come into my house and forget that the dogs were even there. After, they said, they have never stayed in a house with dogs as long as they were in mine.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a beautiful story. Jazzy did good work and certainly made a difference in the lives of everyone she met.I truly believe there is a reason dog is God spelled backwards. Purest form of love, the love of a dog.

• 11 months later...

It has been a year since Jazzy left us for the bridge and I still miss her horribly. Angel went to the bridge only 4 short months after Jazzy and so suddenly it was just me and Rona. We both wandered around the too quiet house missing our family members. Rona looked more and more lost and confused. We spent time snuggling and going for walks. Rona played with her stuffies less, slept more and although she was eating it was not with enjoyment. One day I came home to Rona howling with the radio. She didn't hear me come in and it was one of the saddest sounds I've ever heard. I threw my arms around her and cried while she pushed her head into my chest. Lifting her head she looked me in the eyes and I knew she needed more than I alone could give her. I had my work and my friends. All she had was me and it wasn't enough. I called and we made the trip to the adoption farm. I had picked out a young 18 month old girl and if Rona approved she would join our family. The two of them spent several hours in the turn out pen together getting to know each other finally both coming over to me for some scritches. And so Nova joined our family. Rona and Nova have become pals with Rona teaching Nova about life in a home and trust. This morning I looked up to see Rona gazing at the dog bed across the room . . . the bed where Jazzy always laid. As she turned and looked into my eyes I knew she was remembering Jazzy but although there was sadness there was also peace in her eyes as she turned and laid her head on Nova's side as she used to do with Angel. Jazzy and Angel, gone but not forgotten.

Hugs as you remember your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I knew she was remembering Jazzy but although there was sadness there was also peace in her eyes as she turned and laid her head on Nova's side as she used to do with Angel. Jazzy and Angel, gone but not forgotten.

:wub:

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter