My Diana Got Old!

I've yakked on GT for a few years - talking about Diana - my lab puppy with stripes. The most "un-greyhound" greyhound I've ever met.

She was a crazy puppy for ages - we got her at 2 - she was hyper till 6. She was super-skinny - super-active, and had zero greyhound quirks or fears. Most fun dog ever!

The last couple years, she FINALLY put a little weight on - no more dragon spine - and mellowed out a bit. Still totally ready to go when anything fun comes along!

In the last week - we had 2 separate incidents of big puddles on the bed. She's now 9. One on DD's bed, one on mine, like she'd peed in her sleep.

This nighttime bladder puddling was definitely cause for a vet check.

I took in a urine sample to rule out any bladder/kidney/etc infections - collecting the sample was a very funny story - and results are negative. General health - perfect.

According to the vet - it's old lady incontinence. There's a better diagnosis that he told me - but basically - the urethral sphincter looses it's "oomph" during sleep.

OK - we're going to try Proin (I've read up on it, and all the threads on GT about it). I've made as informed decision as I can.

But - I can't BELIEVE Diana is getting to be an old lady! She now needs old lady meds! How did that happen?!?!?

I have a 13-year-old boy. I can't figure out how he grew old without growing up.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I have a 13-year-old boy. I can't figure out how he grew old without growing up.

This. Exactly. RobiN Is An 11 Year Old Man Now, And I Haven't Had Quite The Words To Describe My Surprise And Experience Until Now. Thanks!

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Guest TBaxes

Proin worked well for our 10 year old girl Annie. Used it for 2 years plus until she recently passed from cancer. She would leak at all times through the day. But once we had her on Proin, we just enticed her to go out and pea as frequently as possible, and the unexpected leaks stopped. Good Luck. Proin works.

These pee pills work as long as you are consistent in using them. My DD has a young girl that needs them & as long as she gets her pill there are no piddles & she can sleep on the bed but they run out of pills she has piddle problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Well - the Proin wasn't so great. She got really lethargic, and refused to eat - so the vet and I decided to hold off on them, and give her a half-pill when the leaking reoccurs. If that affects her badly, we'll consider something else.

KF in Georgia said it perfectly though - she'd grown old(ish) without growing UP! LOL!