Mystery Swelling, Now Getting Bigger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's staying overnight. IV ABs and aspirating the lump behind her jaw. Recheck tomorrow.

oy!!!1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Poor girl. Good thoughts for Cash.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

No new news this morning yet. I don't expect any calls until after hospital rounds are done at 10am.

They had actually finished aspirating the huge "ear lump" last night before I left, and the doctor's word's were "a bloody, infected mess." They were culturing for the best AB, and doing an IV infusion all night. Hopefully, they can knock this in the butt and get her well enough for surgery (if needed, and it probably will be :( ). Might have to do a CT scan so they can see exactly what's going on, and what might need to come out.

{{{{{sigh}}}}}

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Argh. Really hoping it's a simple (if big and ugly looking) infection that will clear up with a little work.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hoping it's "just" an infection that can be treated by medicine. Poor Cash, at least you're on the path to some answers and getting her feeling better.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Oh no! Just seeing this and feeling sorry that Cash has been uncomfortable and that you all have been so worried. :grouphug I hope that the vets will be able sort out what is going on and fix it soon.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Monday morning update:

Cash had a relatively good night. (She always does much better at the hospital than I expect.) The ABs are apparently working as her slight fever has broken and she seems to be a bit "brighter" attitude-wise this morning. Bloodwork didn't really show anything. The swelling is about the same.

The doctor is going to do a sedated oral exam this afternoon to see if there's anything she can see from the inside. She will see if there is anything to lance on the inside and also lance the outside of the lump as there appears to be a soft spot that might drain off a considerable amount of the infection. Depending on what she finds, and how Cash does, Cash might be able to come home tonight. We'll see by late afternoon/early evening.

:goodluck :goodluck for a full recovery Cashy! :grouphug for Miss Chris!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Ugh. What a mess.

I hope today goes well and Cash can come home tonight. And heal quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Still keeping all fingers, toes, paws and hooves crossed.

:goodluck

We'll look for an update later...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Tech called and said she recovered well from her sedation and has been up and walking around. She's on some pain meds and is resting comfortably, though she hasn't eaten yet. The doctor is going to call when she gets done with whatever she's in the middle of now (this is an emergency hospital as well as a specialty clinic, so you sometimes have to wait a while :rolleyes: )

Glad she's up and about..hopefully they were able to discover what is causing all of this and the antibiotics are kicking in.

:hope

For an uneventful recovery

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg