Just Diagnosed With Squama Cell Carcinoma!

Guest elliemae421

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well went and had the CBC and profile done and urinalysis a day late,my fault missed his pee time!

He has gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks which I was very happy about. All will be faxed to Ohio State to see how well the Palladia is doing with him.

Then we go out to Ohio State August 6th! B)

Good boy Willie! Keep up the good work!

Guest elliemae421

Good boy Willie! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I feel like I am going broke though! I'd move mountains for these 3 fur babies! :beatheart

Guest elliemae421

Well we got a good report from the CBC and profile with urinalysis as well.

His white blood cell count were down a little but the oncologist at Ohio State called me yesterday said that is quite normal while on Palladia.

He gained almost 3 pounds in 2 weeks is doing quite well. Hopefully......this is working! :goodluck My little rock star! :star

That is good news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest elliemae421

Today Fast Willie turned 11 years young! I love this boy so much,he is my first Greyhound and has taught me so much! Like the day I came home and thought someone had a key to my house and was playing games with me! I had found a bunch of video tapes in a pile on the floor! Unknown to me he is a collector of video tapes! I was so glad to see him walking around carrying one in his mouth.I thought my ex was trying to play head games! Thanks Willie! You are dealing so well with some uphill battles recently ! We will conquer this battle too! You are going to be here with me for awhile longer as well as big sis Ellie Mae and your younger brat brother Marshall,we all love you big guy! You have taught me so much in the past 7 years!

:balloonparty HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY FAST WILLIE! :balloonparty

Happy Birthday! Glad he is doing well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest elliemae421

Happy Birthday! Glad he is doing well.

Thanks Batmom! It is so funny,when Dr.Couto was my dogs oncologist,I did not have a Greyhound!

I had what I like to call A Doberman/Shepard,yes he was 50% each too!

A very nice dog,he was known by Dr.Couto as the "energizer bunny"....kept going and going!

He had a lung tumor Dr.Couto highly successfully removed but had lymphoma which 11.5 months later took his life.

It was very fast. But Dr.Couto is the culprit for getting me involved with Greyhounds,LOL!

I do not regret a moment of it either! I just love these dogs like crazy! Here's to you Willie! :blowcandle

Happy birthday to rooooo

Happy birthday to ROOOoooooo

Happy birthday dear Willie

Happy birthday to roooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sung in 3 part harmony by the Earthly Gemtones: Opal, Tanzanite and Emerald. :balloonparty:balloonparty

Aww! How cute Willie and I Thank You for that! :blowcandle

Happy Birthday to Willie! :blowcandle I'm so glad to hear he's doing well.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest elliemae421

Happy Birthday to Willie! :blowcandle I'm so glad to hear he's doing well.

Thanks! I'm so happy for him and I! I was so down when he was hurting. :cheers

Happy Birthday, Willie!

It's your day to celebrate! :mexi2

Thanks,he did! He and Marshall had some good playtime today! :pillows

Guest elliemae421

Happy birthday from Paul and Fuzzy in lower Delaware.

I will tell him and Thanks so much,we appreciate it! :thumbs-up We are jumping some big hurdles this year! Willie says thanks for the Birthday wishes and to all a good night! :sleepy

You had a big day,got to run around a bit with Marshall and have extra goodies and a bigger dinner :chow !

:b-day Happy Birthday,Mr Willie Bug! Hope it was a good day for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elliemae421

Sorry been real busy! We went to Ohio State for our re check and happy to say that Willie is doing greyt!

They are continuing him on Palladia. There is no more growth from what they can see on the thoracic X-ray.

May want to do a CT scan in a month to determine exactly what is going on as to size, shrinkage etc!

So the news as as good as it can get for now! It was a long day out there and a long trip back! I was very tired caught myself drift off,someone called that helped a lot.

Stopped at a friends house in Wheeling,W,Va to take a break.

I actually felt my hand slip off the wheel and looked up,stayed on the road the whole few seconds it happened! That really scared me!

All is good now! We go back in September! :bow2

Guest elliemae421

The only side effect from the Palladia I see is his nose color has faded and is mottled sort of grey not black as also the pads of his feet too!

They said that is a side effect. If that is the worst of it I will accept that easily! :paw

Edited by elliemae421

Sorry been real busy! We went to Ohio State for our re check and happy to say that Willie is doing greyt!

They are continuing him on Palladia. There is no more growth from what they can see on the thoracic X-ray.

May want to do a CT scan in a month to determine exactly what is going on as to size, shrinkage etc!

All is good now! We go back in September! :bow2

:clap Wonderful news!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest elliemae421

I am so glad to hear that Willie's check-up went well!

Keep up the good work, Willie!

Thanks TwiggysMom! I will certainly keep after him! He is such a good boy!

I had just spoke to Dr.Couto,I was waiting for an okay on a bath and he said it would be fine!

So Willie is getting a tubby this week as well! :laundry

Guest elliemae421

Willie ended up sick again! I let him out without a muzzle,he ended up grazing like crazy!

This is always an issue with him bad belly or not,I will add!

So of course we go rounds of him throwing up,food as well as Palladia! Consulted Dr.Couto,he said be patient,let the day of Palladia go!

Got him on Cerenia,and chicken baby food,thanks to tbhounds help! Thanks tbhound!

He never had a fever or anything off like that! Dr.Couto said give him a day! Got this turned back around,WHEW!

That was a rough Sunday night!

Things are looking way better. He had his Piroxicam and famotidine this morning with his baby food,loves that stuff!

Can I feed him pumpkin or sweet potato with his baby food is my question now????

I need to get him back on his Gabapentin again too! :clover

I just don't want him to go through this again! My fault clearly for forgetting his muzzle! Now hangs on door in front of my face!

Edited by elliemae421

• 2 weeks later...

Good thoughts for Willie! Hope the check-up goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.