Just Diagnosed With Squama Cell Carcinoma!

Guest elliemae421

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear Willie has gotten much worse. Hopefully you are at OSU already and they are able to help him get back on the right track!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest elliemae421

Sorry...got home around 10:30 and no internet! :riphair

none this morning either. I shut my power tap down incase it stormed and thought something happened to the router.

I called Comcast and they said it went out around 9:30 or so!

We are back he is startng to get a little arthritis in the neck area,nothing horrible on x rays! I will get the sheet out and write it all down.

They did put him on Gabapentin as well. I never mentioned it,but was happy when he did. I am going to eat and nap. Yesterday was a rough

day,got there around 1:45 left around 7:00 p.m. got home around 10:30 and got up and went to work today as well....with Willie in tow.

About 50 miles before St.Clairsville,Ohio I lost almost an hour,they decided it was a good time to resurface the east bound side of I~70! We crawled for 5 miles in an hour!

The good thing is since I was there 2 weeks ago they bumped the Speed limit up to 70 mph,out of St.Clairsville,Ohio to almost Columbus! :cheers

He was too groggy from sedation to leave him home. I managed to bang out 6 dogs today,only one bath and trim dog and the rest were haircuts.

Forgive me I am going to nap,then get the results and put the real terms on here!!

He ate well this morning and tonight! :bounce2

Glad he ate well!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, that was quite a day trip for you both!

I'm glad to hear that he seems pretty well, all things considered. Let's hope the adjusted meds get him back to his normal self quick and keep him that way!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest elliemae421

It was quite a day trip alright!

Where they were doing the resurfacing on I~70 I stopped at the rest area before it and got him out trying to wake him up a bit more,he really was loopy!

Got in the back seat for awhile with him and curled up beside him for about 10~15 minutes,got up got a mile down the road and hit the mess on the highway....ugh!

While he was being examined and such I sat in the chair in a certain way and slept for about 20 minutes and it was a good sleep and I never flinched or lost my balance in my chair and nobody knew!

I used to do that in high school all of the time....this girl still got that one going on!!!!!! I felt very rested,the student vet was laughing when I told him as he got Willie in the car for me!

He said he does that,and sometimes those are the best naps! I told him that was my favorite part of school,he laughed! He admitted he does it,I said you would have to,keeping those crazy schedules out there!

Not to mention maybe 2 hours of sleep all Wednesday night with him cry,it hurt me so bad to hear him cry,not knowing what to do!

I'm so glad I stuck it out to go to Ohio state.

Got out of work around 10:20,got gas and money at the bank.

Went home took care of the other dogs changed out of my scrubs,got Willie packed up and off we were to Columbus!

Left here around 11:10 A.M. or so! Got there to Ohio State 2 minutes ahead of the gps at 1:52 P.M.! Perhaps that was due to the new speed limit out there...70 MPH!

The medical term is called ventral spondelosis(spelling?),although he said he really is quite not that bad but used the term to say along the lines of his issue right now.

There are terms on the sheet but forgive me I am too tired and will post it all tomorrow or ASAP! It is all interesting though. His cancer check up went well,no growth or spreading.

This pain really had nothing to do with his cancer at all,which was my biggest concern and what a relief it was to hear that.

I knew it was in his neck though,he was hurting from it bad.

If it was I was not sure what I was going to do,I was not going to let him suffer in that pain if it was.

I think Dr.Kisseberth was worried about that too,it was his biggest concern! I really liked him a lot. We will be seeing him from now on. The other doctor Willie had was on a 2 week vacation,and I was not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from him as I did with Dr.K ! The other one when Willie had pain 2 weeks ago,had me put him on Rimydal,not my favorite choice. Dr.K asked me why I was giving him that and told him I was told to give it to him by the other Dr. out there...he said no more. You can tell he seemed to not be a big fan of Rimydal. Also when the Piroxicam started,which was Thursday and he said not a good idea,he had been off Rimydal since Tuesday which was fine with Dr.K !. WHEW!

Still have to wait a month to see the benefits of the Palladia,it takes awhile. But Dr.Kisseberth was pleased so far. His CBC and profile and UA were very good as well.That means

he is doing well on the Palladia too. He ate some more food tonight I was afraid to give him too much at once since he had not eaten in a day. He was a piggy! :chow:food

Edited by elliemae421

Guest elliemae421

Well things are going better! :goodluck We are rotating pain meds now with Gabapentin and Tramadol! Gabapentin being the big winner 3X a day and Tramadol 2X a day if needed,

We are on with all meds again and Palladia and Piroxicam are doing great. This was such a roller coaster week again,I am surprised I am sane.

Made up on all the grooming dogs cancelled on Thursday as of yesterday! Whew! :pepper I just have to monitor his running,jumping etc. activity for the next 2~3 weeks! I am sleeping on the couch,he normally sleeps with me. Yes,I can lift him up in bed but if he jumps down while I am asleep bothers me! :couchjump

I'm so glad to hear that Willie is feeling better and that his treatment plan is back on track!

It's obviously been a wild ride for you both this week - I hope everything stays settled for a good, long while!

If the arthritis continues to bother him and he's yelping when he lies down, stands back up, or moves around, ask your vet about Robaxin (methocarbamol). It's a muscle relaxer, and it plays nicely with tramadol and gabapentin--doesn't leave dogs too loopy, but it helps with the pain. When the arthritis flares up, the dog may clench and tighten up muscles or might try lying or moving differently than usual to compensate for the pain, and methocarbamol helps with that.

A couple of years ago, when my old man was having back pain, it was a chiropractor who suggested methocarbamol to my vet: apparently, it wasn't commonly diagnosed for arthritic dogs. When my girl started having back pain two weeks ago, methocarbamol was one of the first meds suggested (by a different vet), so apparently it's becoming more common, especially for back and neck arthritic pain.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest elliemae421

Thanks for all your help on here! Yes,I am going to mention Robaxin as well! Thanks KF_in_Georgia!

This has been a crazy week,sort of catching up on sleep when I can.

Willie is doing greyt keeping him under wraps from not running can be a challenge...he is doing good though!

So glad Willie is doing better. I was going to mention trying Robaxin too. Robaxin was a lifesaver when Shannon had her IVDD flair. She took 500mgs 3 times a day but, she's smaller than Willie. Some vets will go to the 750mg dosage.

Guest elliemae421

So glad Willie is doing better. I was going to mention trying Robaxin too. Robaxin was a lifesaver when Shannon had her IVDD flair. She took 500mgs 3 times a day but, she's smaller than Willie. Some vets will go to the 750mg dosage.

I will keep this in mind. Also get some and have it on hand when needed!

Guest elliemae421

Well Willie has had a pretty good week. Had to slow him down a few times,well just stop him...he is not supposed to be running :gh_runner and I caught him.

I think Marshall bumped him a bit tonight,I heard him give a little cry and that was it I hope. At least I know what is causing the pain.

I thank the lord up above it was not the cancer wreaking havoc on him,just the arthritis which is bad too,but better than first thought.

He is eating extremely well! :dogcookieLike a piggy I will add!I am going to take him in and weigh him this week,he is really looking good with weight.

Keep up the good work,Mr.Willie bug...I love you! :beatheart

I'm glad Willie is doing okay!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest elliemae421

Good boy Willie!!!!!

Thanks! He is doing greyt!

Good boy Willie!!!!!

He is a good boy! But the running,kind of hard to keep a complete eye on him!

I just hate leash walking him in the yard.

He gets this bug up his rear then starts running when I don't expect it! Been cracking down on him though. :shakefinger:rules

Guest elliemae421

Willie had a good day,in spite of 2 days of rain,wondering about his spondylosis pain.

Gave him his spare tramadol today incase. I had backed him off by 2 a day.

Marshall banged into him and he yiped but I think that is Willie's normal reaction to get out of my space. :hope

Guest elliemae421

Well went and had the CBC and profile done and urinalysis a day late,my fault missed his pee time!

He has gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks which I was very happy about. All will be faxed to Ohio State to see how well the Palladia is doing with him.

Then we go out to Ohio State August 6th! B)