Heidi 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

HeidisMum

I didn't think I would be writing this for another 4 or more years, but here we are. At only 8 years old, she left much too soon.

Heidi (Sendahl Eve) joined our family on 12/20/2008. She was a very shy, fearful pup who bordered on spooky. As our first dog, it was very hard bringing home a dog who wouldn't look at you or be in the room with you and was fearful of everything around her. I thought about returning her many times in the first few weeks. Thankfully DH and I are both stubborn and determined to make it work. It took almost 6 months for her to truly bond with us and want to spend time with us. From that time on she was OUR dog. She adored her Daddy and loved to snuggle with both of us. Loved her treats and seemed to take pride in learning to sit, down, paw, speak and whisper. Her fears of thunder, rain, wind, noise and strangers never went away, but we learned how to help her deal with them.

In November 2011 she started with some vomiting and diarrhea. She didn't seem to ever be able to pull out of the diarrhea completely. Her proteins kept dropping for no identifiable reason. Over the past year and a half she went through ultrasounds, xrays and many different blood, urine and fecal tests and many other tests. The ultimate diagnosis was Lymphangiectasia with IBD. We tried different foods and medications which kept it under control for a year and a half. About three weeks ago she started to relapse and went downhill quickly. The weight melted off her and we weren't able to keep anything from going straight through her. She started with some neurological head trembles and wasn't able to hold her urine and bowels for very long. We tried bringing her to one more vet for a second opinion on everything, but knew we would be making a decision soon. Last Tuesday night she gave us the sign. On Wednesday morning she ate peanut butter, chew sticks, canned food and all her other favorite things she wasn't able to have for the past year. We said goodbye around noon. Life will never be the same.

Some photos of our girl.

Heidi in her ladybug jammies

000_0014.jpg

She loved anything that would let her GO FOR A RIDE!

DSCF1955.jpg

She loved to dig holes. In her Heidi hole..

226911_221756337851009_100000499335523_9

Loved to play keep away with the toys (with her sister Betty)

226948_221756637850979_100000499335523_9

Had the softest floppy ears

heidislipper2.jpg

and LOVED to snuggle with her Daddy

jerheidiandwiskers.jpg

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry...she looks very very sweet in those pics.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry. What a sweet, beautiful, fun-loving girl she was.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

:grouphug What a beautiful girl. I am so very sorry.

Godspeed sweet Heidi. Look for my LadyBug, she will show you the ropes. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry. What a fun girlie! Thank you for sharing her with us.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful young girl.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She was obviously a very special girl.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a beautiful girl! I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry your beautiful, special girl had to leave you so soon! Heartbreaking, but you sure made the years she had good ones! :grouphug

I'm so incredibly sorry. She was a very pretty girl and she left much much too soon.

Godspeed Heidi.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)