I Need A Tooth Brushing Tutorial.....

I'm on my fourth and fifth greyhound right now. All have had their teeth brushed, occasionally. I've promised myself that I'm going to be diligent with these two, and brush nightly (one recently had a gum infection). Luckily, they both don't mind having their teeth brushed, and come running when I show them the toothbrush. I use a small toothbrush made for dogs I got at the pet store, and chicken flavored toothpaste. Does it matter which direction I brush in? Up and down or all around? Should I be brushing the gums, too? What about the inside of the teeth? Someone told me once the dogs tongue keeps the inside clean so I don't need to brush. One of the dogs licks the whole time I'm trying to brush, which makes it pretty difficult to do a good job. The opposite end of the brush has a brush with bristles that go all around, like a small bottle brush. What would this be used for? Sorry for what are probably silly questions, but I figure if I'm going to be doing it, I may as well do it right!

I use a children's battery operated brushand let the spin brush do the work. My vet says lexie has good teeth and that I should continue whatever I am doing..lol. I use the Petz life gel a lot but I think what matters is that u brush daily. ( I brush a couple times a week)

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Guest lynne893

Good thread!

I've heard that the dog's licking and movement while you're trying to brush their teeth is actually helpful for keeping the teeth and gums healthy, even though it makes our job trying to brush their teeth a PITA!

• 2 weeks later...