Seizures

I use Revolution on Sneakers. I asked my vet if I should switch to something else. He sais unless it was causing him problems he felt it was best to keep him on what his body was accustomed to. The less changes the better. Sneakers seizures are infrequent and we aren't medicating him at this time.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Yep, I do. The vet advised that unless he's ever had a seizure within 24 hours of administration, Frontline is fine to use.

I'm leaning towards not using any flea or tick on Thunder.

I use Adam's spray on my other pups but I wonder if just being around them could trigger a seizure.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I used Revolution on Lima who had focals and Chip who had "regular" seizures but I never spotted a correlation to the usage. Jimmie's seizures are still a mystery - he's on Iverheart Plus and occasional frontline plus.

I respond to every repetitive sound that I hear - I can't imagine the horror that you guys are experiencing. The helplessness is paralyzing. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Fingers crossed.

That's a great idea. Now just to find my pedometer....

I have to agree- they both suck and yes bone cancer is horrible but seizures are unpredictable.

I have totally changed my life for Thunder. He has to have his drugs around 6:15 am and 6:15 pm so I can never sleep in, can't do out to dinner unless I take him with and I'm always watching him to see if he's twitching (focal seizure).

This past weekend, he had 11 seizures. It was horrible and I've never felt so helpless.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

I'm leaning towards not using any flea or tick on Thunder.

The seizures likely have nothing to do with the flea/tick preventative. So I'd probably continue doing whatever you've been doing.

It'd be ten times worse to have him contract fleas or a tick-borne disease on top of the seizures.

Re: the activity while you're away during the day

Have you considered putting Tagg The Pet Tracker on him? It has an Activity monitor. You can then look from a computer or smart phone or whatever to see exactly what his activity level is. You can easily see even when they get up after sleeping. And it keeps a record of it too. I love it. (You do need to activate it with a computer at first though.)