Hello From Pittsburgh!

Guest thatgirlfred

Guest thatgirlfred

Hello everyone! After the threads I posted asking questions, I'm finally adopting so I wanted to introduce myself.

We are picking up our first greyhound, CTW First Degree, in the beginning of July. I'm beyond excited! :balloonparty

If anyone has any tips, please let me know!

Guest undergreysspell

Congratulations and welcome- don't forget to post some pics when you get your new pup! I'm sure you'll get lots of help here if you need it- just ask!!

Edited by undergreysspell

Guest thatgirlfred

Hi! We're also from the Pittsburgh area. :)

Let me know if you're ever interested in a playdate.

ETA: Just curious, did you decide to adopt from the track or an adoption group?

A playdate sometime would be great! We decided to go with a different adoption group that is directly attached to the track

:wave Hello! From where are you adopting? We need pics!!!

GPA Wheeling :)

Here he is! He wouldn't stand still so it's a bit blurry.

Ud1qiDd.jpg

OP, your boy could be an identical twin to my Henry!

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with the first adoption group and the home visit? There's five adoption groups in the PGH area, so I rarely come across anyone who adopts straight from the track. I have been down Wheeling on occasion, though. Pam is a really nice lady.

Guest thatgirlfred

OP, your boy could be an identical twin to my Henry!

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with the first adoption group and the home visit? There's five adoption groups in the PGH area, so I rarely come across anyone who adopts straight from the track. I have been down Wheeling on occasion, though. Pam is a really nice lady.

We never got a home visit from the first adoption group. We go down to Wheeling every once in a while and liked their group and the wide selection of dogs that they had. Pam is really nice, and she drove all the way up here for us! :)

We did get a home visit from GPA Wheeling and it went great after the initial growling from my dog. The first dog she brought was looking at our cat like a gourmet meal and went crazy when she moved. Then she brought in CTW First Degree, whom we have named Chase. He is so sweet! :beatheart​ At one point, we were introduced to the GSOD because my dog barked and he slipped on the floor. I was so close to having a heart attack! :rotfl

What a beautiful boy!! How exciting for you!! :couchjump

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest DragonflyDM

Welcome!!!

Well, I will offer some advice if it your first greyhound: give it time. Unlike other puppies, your grey had not been a pet before and may take a month or two to really see his personality come alive fully. In the meantime, be patient and ALWAYS positive. Once they feel very comfortable they are the bestest buddies in the world.

Second advice, ask lots of questions here as often as desired. We are all here to everyone (dog included) have a great experience? Any other pets in the house? Any kids?

Guest thatgirlfred

Welcome!!!

Well, I will offer some advice if it your first greyhound: give it time. Unlike other puppies, your grey had not been a pet before and may take a month or two to really see his personality come alive fully. In the meantime, be patient and ALWAYS positive. Once they feel very comfortable they are the bestest buddies in the world.

Second advice, ask lots of questions here as often as desired. We are all here to everyone (dog included) have a great experience? Any other pets in the house? Any kids?

Thanks so much! We have a cat which I'm not that concerned about because he didn't show much interest after she smacked him. But I will watch him like a hawk until I know he won't eat her. :)

• 1 month later...