Fyi: Budesonide Pricing

If anyone is currently using, or would like to be able to use budesonide for their IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) pup were it not prohibitively expensive, (my IBG galgo) Dandi's IM vet in Woburn, MA referred me to a human and veterinary compounding pharmacy here in NH (Wingate Pharmacy in Nashua). They are compounding 2 mg caps for $45/monthly supply. This is unbelievable pricing, as the standard human formulation averages about $300-350 for 30 caps. The pharmacy had called by the time I got home, sent it via UPS and it arrived today.

I hope this will be helpful for someone else out there. I was astounded (in a positive way), and at the same time relieved, because Dandi is no longer stabilizing on cyclosporine or azathioprine. Budesonide wasn't an option because of its cost, and now we have the opportunity to give it a try.

Dandi, convalescing

1df8d8e7-f4f3-47f7-8ad1-35f5ddd09372.jpg

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

We got great prices on budesonide from Roadrunner Pharmacy in Arizona too. Compounding is best anyhow because most greyhound are going to need less than the standard human dose.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).