Nifty Idea For Missing Link Storage

Guest Addie

Guest Addie

I found that the 5lb bag of missing link is hard to open and close. So I took the empty parmesan bottle (I have the big size with the screw on cap) it has a spoon slot on it and works perfect! The only hard part is getting it in without spilling all over. Maybe I could use a funnel for canning jars?

It looks like very fine talc powder if I remember correctly.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I found that the 5lb bag of missing link is hard to open and close. So I took the empty parmesan bottle (I have the big size with the screw on cap) it has a spoon slot on it and works perfect! The only hard part is getting it in without spilling all over. Maybe I could use a funnel for canning jars?

That's an EXCELLENT IDEA!! I'm definitely going to do this. Thanks! :)

Yes...that packaging is a pain to get open and shut.

I also put mine in a different container.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Use a clean piece of paper and roll it into a cone, leaving a nice wide hole at the bottom - tape it if you like - and use it as a funnel.

Be careful decanting it, because if it's as fine as talc, you'll end up inhaling quite a lot and seasoning your next meal with it. Best way is to fill the paper funnel, then tap gently on the sides to make it drop into your bottle without too much shaking.

It's a great idea to use the bottle. I wish parmesan here came in the same type (with a spoon slot) ... but then I don't buy grated parmesan anyway, I buy it in a block. :P

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop