Something New About Iams In The Green Bag

So, here we are at BJ's today to purchase our 50 lb bag of IAMS in the green bag. There is mini chunks, large breed, lamb and rice, weight control but none of the green bag we usually buy. I go up to the customer service desk and they tell me they will not be carrying it any more. I wrote an email to corporate, but I guess we will have to start buying it regular retail. A Petsmart is opening next door to BJ's, but that is for the future.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I got an answer from the email I sent to BJ's. I sent the note last night and had the response this morning. I does sound hopeful.

Yes, we do offer IAMS products at our Club. I have sent the buyer to try to get the chicken and rice in the Delaware clubs. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you

We do appreciate your business. Have a great day.

Which kind do you usually buy? I didn't know they made any other green bag than mini chunks and large breed.

It is called Iams Proactive Health Adult. The dog on the cover looks like a border collie or cattle dog. My dogs choked on the mini-chunks and they are both seniors and the large breed says 1-5 years of age.

It is called Iams Proactive Health Adult. The dog on the cover looks like a border collie or cattle dog. My dogs choked on the mini-chunks and they are both seniors and the large breed says 1-5 years of age.

Wow, interesting! There is another formula. I just looked it up, and I've never seen that one at any of our stores.

It is called Iams Proactive Health Adult. The dog on the cover looks like a border collie or cattle dog.

That is the original Iams which has been around for years and years. The others are fairly new. Except for one bag of Healthy Naturals when I only had Poodle, the Proactive Health is the only one I've ever bought.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

The only chain, which is hardly a chain, here is Concord Pets. They do have Iams on sale this month. Otherwise, we have a couple of independent pet food shops.

Guest Doggone

The IAMS Proactive one is what I buy at Costco. Autumn is 7, and even though it's for 1-5, she seems to be doing fine with it. When she first came to me, she was eating "woo-woo"-type dog kibble. None of the brands seemed to agree with her as much as the IAMS (re: poo issues). And a side benefit is that I'm saving $ with IAMS vs. the upscale foods :D !

The IAMS Proactive one is what I buy at Costco. Autumn is 7, and even though it's for 1-5, she seems to be doing fine with it. When she first came to me, she was eating "woo-woo"-type dog kibble. None of the brands seemed to agree with her as much as the IAMS (re: poo issues). And a side benefit is that I'm saving $ with IAMS vs. the upscale foods :D !

I think 1-5 is the large breed. Len brought that home by mistake.

Where are you guys finding the 1-5 year window? Large breed says over 1 year and over 50 pounds. Adult chunks say over 1 year old.

When I started working for Blue Buffalo my boss told me that senior, indoor cat, large breed, small breed etc. were just marketing tools. :dunno

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I just looked it up again. In the product text for large breed it says over one year, but, the bag says 1-5 years. I would rather not change anything. Going by the old saying, if it ain't broke, why fix it? They have been doing really well, on the original, IAMS in the green bag. If I have to pay regular store price for it, I will. Hopefully, BJ's will stock it again soon.

Where are you guys finding the 1-5 year window? Large breed says over 1 year and over 50 pounds. Adult chunks say over 1 year old.

We use the large breed... here's a photo of what our bag looks like. On the right it says 1-5. Henry's going to be 6 in December... I could care less though. I could get him a senior supplement if it comes down to that.

0001901460916_500X500.jpg