Senior And Sudden Watery Diarrhea

Missy will be 14 in August. She has LS and had a depo shot about two weeks ago. she also gets acupuncture and supplements. my vet said it was ok to give her meloxicam along with the shot..just to wait about four days. said the only major issue would be gastro..since she has a good stomach, i started giving it to her on and off. the last few days I have given every day. reduced appetite breakfast and dinner yesterday Last night she had diarrhea in the house..when I walked her she had two episodes of total water diarrhea. I gave her one flagyl. slept all night. I took her out this morning..two more pure liquid. as I am typing this I am wondering if it could be the meloxicam...I am hoping it is not from the LS as she has lost control while sleeping a couple of times. ..I am fearing this is the beginning of the end for my girl. I will call the vet this morning. I will give her a little boiled chicken this morning. I am very worried about her.

If you haven't already stopped the meloxicam I would immediately. Meloxicam is one of the worst nsaids to cause gastrointestinal problems. Considering her inappetance along with the diarrhea and the timing I think it is your culprit. I do hope you can get her feeling better soon.

thank you. Yes i did NOT give it to her today. just tramadol and gabapentin..as she cannot move without it. hoping to get acupuncture today. she has been on meloxicam for years, but never along with depo shot. she had an appetite this morning, but just gave her some boiled chicken. will call my vet at 8am