Tumor On Liver

Guest smarthound

Guest smarthound

I've read lots about osteosarcoma but don't know where to start researching an inoperable mass on the liver.

Do you have a diagnosis as to what the mass is? Is it a hemangiosarcoma, or something else? If you are close enough to OSU you might consider asking them to do a workup and giving you the options. I am so, so sorry to hear such sad news. Which of your hounds is afflicted?

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

Guest smarthound

Lacey, our 11-year old has the mass. We had an ultrasound but I don't know if I should get an aspirate. Our integrative vet is treating her with a variety of herbals and supplements.

Lacey, our 11-year old has the mass. We had an ultrasound but I don't know if I should get an aspirate. Our integrative vet is treating her with a variety of herbals and supplements.

Heading to Ohio State is an awesome idea. Many of us have traveled much further to receive the expert care they provide.

Guest Fasave

My boy got the same diagnosis via ultra sound at the same age. He was very high strung and it was explained that due to the location it was inoperable. Hemangiosarcoma was expected but never confirmed. Traveling to OSU was not an option for me. I do know at the time they were starting a trial at this hospital using Amicar as a therapy to control these types of bleeding tumors. I brought him home to say goodbye. Cuddled with him on the couch all day and that night started the car to make sure it was warm for his final journey. When I took him outside, he walked past me, did his business and then went back inside and demanded dinner. He then went upstairs to bed. Guess he had other plans so who was I to argue. With no intervention he had another year of high quality life and no one can explain why. He left me two days after his 12th birthday. I hope you get the same and more.

I would think you could get an FNA quickly and cheaply at UW-Madison, if you wanted one. I had a good experience there.

I hope your girl feels well and continues to do so for a long time.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.