Daisy Magoo

djsgreys

Daisy Magoo – Apache Blitz

January 13, 1999 – May 22, 2013

The best laid plans . . . .

In late November of 2008, my friend called and asked if I could help her out by picking up two dogs that were being returned on the weekend, as she had a home visit scheduled for the only time that day that would work for the owner. Then, if I could meet her at the home visit, that family could meet Daisy and then she would take Rocky home to foster, I would take Daisy to foster.

It was a heart breaking surrender. The owner had lost her job, and with no income was worried that she would lose her home as well. When we arrived she had their beds rolled up and tied, little suitcases packed for each of them – inside their toys, coats and treats labeled. Almost as if they were going off to summer camp. Rocky was there to greet us at the door and John took him out to the car. The owner turned away, grabbed another leash and put it in my hands. I looked at the leash, I looked at the eyes staring up at me and knew I was in trouble.

When we arrived to meet up with my friend, she said she took one look at my face and knew Daisy was not going anywhere else. And by the time we arrived home that day, I knew it too. I was utterly and completely in love with her.

P5291914.jpg

Daisy had not had an easy journey. At almost 10 years of age and after 6 homes she was still looking for the forever home she was promised. A fractured hock in schooling ended her racing career before it began. She arrived in Canada as a two year old and was quickly adopted into a home. Six years later the couple divorced and Daisy and her roommate were returned to us for rehoming. The next two years were chaotic for her – five adoptions, five homes that did not work out for her. She did not do well as an only dog, and was labeled as having severe SA. One home had her so drugged on valium that she could barely move. Somehow I missed meeting her in that two years as through those returns, she would come back and be adopted again so quickly.

Although I fell in love with her immediately, it was not all wine and roses for us. Understandably, Daisy didn’t trust that this was truly her home. She bonded closely with Suzy and Souza and put all her trust in them and was devastated by their passing. I thought I would lose her as well, her grief was so intense. But we got through and our bond deepened. She had learned to trust that this was her forever home and knew how deeply she was loved. And I took the time every day to reinforce that with rubs, hugs and kisses.

CanadaDay2011.jpg

What a little actress! She had a rep for having accidents in the house attributed to SA. I soon discovered why there were “accidents”. She would go outside, squat down but do NOTHING before running back in to the house. Amazingly, once we were on to her tricks and checked for proof, the accidents disappeared.

We were told she didn’t like to go outside yet as soon as her feet were inside the big yard, she would break into her high stepping run. She was a natural born meet and greeter and loved nothing more than making the list for our weekly events. Everyone was her friend whether human, canine or feline – Daisy loved them all.

DSCN0357.jpg

Daisy my love, I have had more time than I would ever have thought possible, but still I wish it could have been more. Ours was a special relationship from the beginning, and you fought so hard to stay as long as you have. Though you gave us some scares, your resiliency has been amazing and you always came back, stronger than ever. But this time, you couldn’t overcome the weakness in your back end, and we couldn’t let you keep falling. It was time to let you go.

140.jpg

Now there is no more weakness. You can run free and fast again, with all our other angels until we meet again. I love you so very much and will miss you forever.

Forever your momma

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special, lovely girl.

Godspeed, Daisy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so deeply sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

She knew, at last, that she was loved. Deb, I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed Daisy Magoo :f_pink

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hugs to you all! Daisey, run fast and free!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Thank you for sharing Daisy's story. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

InMemorium_zps6d6fd5fb.jpg

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. I'm glad Daisy finally found you and refused to let you go. I wish she could have stayed even longer.

Godspeed Daisy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So very sorry for the loss of your pretty Daisy.

Love that captures the heart and touches the soul remains forever.

Hold the special memories close to your heart

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom

Yes, good things come to those who wait.......what a blessing that you and Daisy had the wonderful years that you did together. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl :grouphug

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh Deb, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your special girl.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest FawnFan

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to her is as beautiful as she is. And thank you, from the very bottom of my heart, for taking in this "bounce" girl and giving her her forever home. Rest in peace sweet Daisy.

Oh, I'm so very, very happy she found you for the last and best part of her life, Deb and John. doGspeed, sweet little girl, now you can give lickity kisses to the angels :kiss2:grouphug

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies