Lily's Peeing On Arrival

Guest tractoen

Guest tractoen

So this started happening:

Our nine-year-old girl, Lily (Gable Lillian), urinates in the car the moment we pull into our destination. She did it a couple weeks ago when my husband and I took her and our mini schnauzer to a 5k fun run and again today when she and I arrived at the dog park.

We've been to the park once before, but we're not regulars, so it's still a pretty new place for her. It was also the first time she had been to the trail where they had the 5k. Our other car rides are usually to the vet for a check up or nail trim and she does fine with that.

Any thoughts?

Does she pee *before* she gets in the car? Full bladder + excitement will = pee .......

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest tractoen

Both times we've gone in the morning about an hour or less after her morning potty. Is that too long? We can try to encourage her to go right before she hops in the car I suppose.

It could help. Worth a try :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We ALWAYS make Toley (as we did Opie) pee right before he gets in the car. Its a prerequitsite -I say Go big potty!! And he drains himself in the bush before he is allowed in the car.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12