Spudzilla

Guest BlackandBrindle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday I found out on Facebook that Spud didn't have osteo after all -- I had missed that post completely. I was overjoyed, thrilled at the thought that you would have so much more time with your Spud.

On Tuesday morning I woke up to the devastating news that you had to let him go. I know I've never met you or Spud, Mary Jo, but I cried and cried, and I cannot tell you how devastated I am for you. I know how incredibly close you two were, how much love there was between you... how much love there still is and will always be. :brokenheart

I can't believe that we won't see his beautiful, quirky, ridiculous Spudzilla ears anymore... :cry1:weep His goofy faces... the photos of the two of you together... There was a recent one you posted to Facebook of the two of you together, both smiling, that makes me cry everytime I think of it. So much love. You can't even begin to quantify the loss when love is so great.

I am thinking of you, MJ. I am so, so sorry. :grouphug :grouphug

Rest well, Spudzie. We will miss you forever. :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so very, very sorry for your loss of Spud. What a wonderful friend he has been. How is Sadie doing? :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss. He was so very loved f_yellow

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Spud. So devastating to lose a heart dog, especially suddenly.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your loss of Spud. He was one of my favorites here.

Run free Spud. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie is very worried and sad. She is not eating. She just lays on his monkey. Last night she woke me up from a little sleep with a mournful, grieving roo. Anyone who knows my baby girl knows she's not a huge roo'er.

Throughout this Roy has been out of town. He comes home today. Sadie will go to work with me because I can't bear to leave her alone even for a few hours. I've had amazing friends helping me the last few days but today I wake up unable to bear this.

I am so angry but mostly I just wish he'd never had a moment of pain. He took most of my heart with him and yet I'm still here, I'm still breathing. Funny how you can be numb and feel so much pain at the same time.

I am so very, very sorry. I grasp what you are saying about taking most of your heart yet still being here and being numb but feeling so much pain. I felt very similar when I lost my girl on the 11th. Waterproof hasn't roo'd, but she has been a bit lost and more whiny. Hugs to you heart ....

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

Guest ss556

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know and feel your pain when reading your posts here and on FB. I suffered the same way 4 years ago. The suddeness and unexpected loss of Spud is so devastating. I wish I had words of advice or wisdom for you, but I don't. It's a loss and unfortunately we cannot turn that knife stabbing feeling off right away. It will take time, lots of time and no one will ever replace Spudzilla. He had the best life with you. You gave him so much love. These things will never change and you must remember that. I hope you find peace. My thoughts are prayers are with you. Run free sweet special Spudzilla. You will be missed.

I am so very sorry! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

MJ, I am heartbroken for you. I always thought of Spudzie as Fletcher's "brother", they were so close in age and so much alike in their little quirks. I wish there was something I could do to help you get through this, but I don't know anything that makes it easier, except time :cry1

:f_red