Dominica Question About Sitting On Feet (Plus A Naughty Pic Hehehe)

Guest mischaluvsgreys

Guest mischaluvsgreys

LOL. I caught Dominica without her collar on (naked). She looks surprised in this pic. But I also have a question. I noticed that sometimes Dominica will lay on my feet. Is this a sign of affection or something else? Also I noticed that she checks on me if she's not sure what room I'm in. She always has to have here eyes on both me AND my my boyfriend it seems. Is this a form of separation anxiety? Because Dominica whines when we come home and my boyfriend says she whines when I leave at times. Also I have only had Dominica for three weeks. I am enjoying getting to know her cute little personality.

2013_05_17_08_24_56.jpg

Unless other things are going on when you are not home, destruction, biting cage, etc. whining is what Greys do. Happy whine, where are you whine, I want to go for a walk whine, I'm hungry whine. Welcome to the whine club. Your girl is beautiful, love her coloring.

3 weeks is early, you guys are still in the honeymoon phase. Keep us posted.

Guest june

What a beautiful girl. She sounds perfect. Even tho I've had my girls years now they still like to know where I am. Just for fun I'll hide from Jazzy when I know she is looking for me :hehe it is a game she enjoys.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing lots more pictures.

Edited by june

Guest BuckeyeAmy

Sounds normal to me. I don't hear much whining from my boys but they definitely want to know where I am. I get greeted with happy barks, whining and lots of happy full body wags when I come home from work.

Dominica is a beautiful girl. :beatheart Some of my greyhounds have used my feet as a pillow. Comforting, probably. Too lazy to move to a dog bed, more likely. :P

If I may suggest: You mentioned her being collarless. I'm not sure if that meant she'd slipped it off or you did. Many here enjoy seeing a naked houndie, although I don't out of fear that if they escape the house there would be no contact info on them.

Since you have floor vents for your AC, be aware that dangling tags can get stuck in them. I also don't put my dogs in a crate wearing their martingale collar.

Instead I have mine wear a tagless collar so there will be some information on them if they escape. Several kinds of tagless collars are available. I prefer a simple thin leather collar with my phone number and dog's name stamped on it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

She sounds normal to me! All of mine will touch me when sleeping - either my feet if they're on the floor or *with* their foot if they're on the bed with me. The puppy likes to have her paw held as she's falling asleep. :wub:

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Wasserbuffel

Laying on your feet is affectionate.

The whining it just talking/complaining. My grey whines when I get home, but am not opening the door fast enough. She whines when we're out and about and she gets bored. She whines if she knows where I am, wants me, but can't get to me.

When we first brought her home she bonded more strongly with me than DH. She would whine when I left her home with him. After a while she would whine when he left her alone with me too. That's mostly tapered off now as she's used to use coming and going. She will still whine if she expected that she should be going with and didn't get to. That mostly happens if I go near her collars while I'm getting ready to go.