Hannah 11/19/2000-05/13/2013 - The Monkey Girl Has Left Us

Guest hannahmom

Guest hannahmom

Last Thursday, Hannah (AKA Dammit Hannah Stop that Right Now, AKA Hannibal) slipped from this world to the next with her head in Mommas lap and Daddy scratching her ears. Hannah was a bone bread problem girlie, a high maintenance, food thief, animal aggressive PITA, and I miss her more than I can say.

Somehow, she tested cat safe at the track ( something that makes everyone who knew her laugh heartily) and after walking around the corner with her Foster Moms cat in her mouth ( unhurt luckily), and running through 3 more homes after she proved to be more stubborn than her new owners, she ended up here. She walked in our door, walked up to Chinghis (a mellow hound if there ever was one), sat on his head, took the toy right out of his mouth, and walked away, tail wagging. Clearly she intended to start as she meant to go on.

3 days after she arrived:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/InnocentHannah.jpg

Those who have heard the stories over the past decade know that she never met a person or a pot roast she disliked, and never met another animal she didnt want to eat. She was mine I was the only person she would ever listen to, the one who worked with her for hours every week in order to provide her with what she needed to learn to function in a multi-dog household. I think I cried every day for the first year and every week for the next 3 she was really that hard to live with. I had the phone in my hand twice ready to dial our group to come and get her, but I could never bring myself to hit send. She adored me, and I adored her:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/HannahMommy4.jpg]http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/Tfk31/media/HannahMommy4.jpg.html]%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/HannahMommy4.jpg

Although the Daddyman was OK too:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/HannahDaddy1.jpg

Nothing could keep her down. She went blind in the space of a few hours years ago, and frankly, I dont think she ever really noticed. The world was there to entertain her, and she treated it as if the universe was hers and the rest of us merely tenants (and behind in the rent to boot :P) She was diagnosed with chest wall and heart tumors 15 months ago, and given 2 week of pain pills as that was all we were told she would live to take. Hannah had other ideas.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/IMG_3010.jpg

Life became no fun for her, and the only things I promised her when I decided she would stay were that although I thought I would never love her, I would take care of her,(Go ahead and laugh, I do) and that I would never let her suffer. Thursday, I kept that promise.

Godspeed Princess. The silence you leave behind you is echoing and immense, and oh so lonely. Try not to pick on Chinghis, Sammi Doodle and Grover too much.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/Tfk31/SweetBoo.jpg

Edited by hannahmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a girl. There's never been one like her, and there never will be again.

She stole hearts as well as pot roasts, didn't she? Including mine, even at this great distance.

Let the boys know we miss them, too, sweetheart, and send your momma and daddy some kisses -- or at least raspberries -- on the wind.

Rest well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I was always entertained by her antics and happy that she belonged with you and you both knew it! I am so very sorry. The brightest lights burn the fastest.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

She sounds like a wonderful, unforgettable girl. I am so sorry you've lost her. Rest in peace, sweet Hannah.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so incredibly sorry. She should have stayed around to torture you forever. She was that special. And she was right where she belonged.

Godspeed Hannah.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for the Hannah-sized hole in your hearts. What a special girl.

Godspeed Hannah.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

How I loved Hannah stories!! And Hannah in person! Just think; Hannah and Loca have finally met! What a thought!! :eek:evil:rofl

Tena and Kevin, I am so very sorry :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh Tena, you know how sorry I was to hear her time had come. I will forever miss the Hannah stories. I loved her spunk and the way she took on every challenge that came her way. Godspeed beautiful girl. Visit your mom every now and then. I know how badly she must be missing you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm quite sure she and my Kevin Kirtley have met up....soulmates for sure. I've loved your Hannah from afar and enjoyed your stories. I'm sorry it was her time....there's never enough of it.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest PiagetsMom

I think Maya and I are on a path similar to yours and Hannah's. I was recently told that sometimes you have to let go of what you want a dog to be, and accept what they are. It sounds as though this is what you did for your beautiful Hannah, and I know she loved you for it. I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye to your girl :grouphug

:angelwings Hannah sorry to hear you left your mom & day & have crossed the bridge. I wish you pot roasts forever

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina