Vomiting And Diarrhea?!?

Guest Alevasseur

Guest Alevasseur

Memphis has been having issues relating to his stomach. The vet has been no help in my case. We were originally placed on raw meat duck formula only as he has a high core temp. :-( so we did the gradual switch HUGE mistake diarrhea terrible... his stomach can't tolerate it. so back to Iams the green bag along with plain rice. Solid poop :-) then a few days later he started having diarrhea again without a switch in food. Yesterday he throws up with nothing on his stomach what appears to be a sport top from a water bottle, and some grass. He has had off and on diarrhea with iams and plain rice however when I call the vet she said that I should just let him be. Memphis is our first Greyhound been off the track 13 weeks. I just want to make sure that something can stay in his stomach for weeks at a time. (We have no clue as to when he chewed this up)...I just want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to help him feel better quickly :-) Thanks and have a GREYT day!!!!

Amy :ghplaybow

I'm gonna agree with the vet on this one. Keep doing the Iams. If the diarrhea persists, switch to a bland diet for a few days, then try introducing kibble back in.

Both of my guys eat grass, and they always manage to throw it up.

If he keeps vomiting or keeps having severe diarrhea, I'd take him in and get an x-ray. If your vet doesn't want to do it, find a new vet asap. You know the dog ate an inedible object, and those things (continued vomiting or severe diarrhea) would be signs that some of it is still in there.

Joseph's foreign body stayed in his stomach for EIGHT MONTHS before causing a blockage. I think Trudy has a similar story for one of her pups.

Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.