Italian Greyhound Excercise

Guest onceyougogrey

Guest onceyougogrey

Did you know that some experts say you need to walk your Italian Greyhound every day for a minimum of 1 hour? We don't walk our Grey for that long at one time, but I am sure she gets at least an hour during the full day. Here's a great article about Italian Greys specifically, and what they need for exercise! How long do you walk your Grey?

Italian Greyhound Excercise

edit

Guest Doggone

Since Autumn is a regular greyhound, not an Italian grey, she doesn't seem to need or want one hour of continuous exercise. She always gets at least a 30-minute walk early in the day, and if it doesn't get too warm, she'll get a slightly shorter walk later in the day. As much as she loves her walks, after them, she's totally wiped out and reverts to her true favorite exercise: sleeping :D.

Maybe the smaller Iggies have much more energy; a neighbor has a whippet and says that they also need more exercise than retired greys.

Gigi gives herself plenty of exercise! We are lucky to have a large fenced in backyard and she puts herself through her "lap" zoomies every time she goes out! I try to walk all my dogs once a day, but sometime life gets in the way and we are too busy. They don't seem to mind though.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest onceyougogrey

Since Autumn is a regular greyhound, not an Italian grey, she doesn't seem to need or want one hour of continuous exercise. She always gets at least a 30-minute walk early in the day, and if it doesn't get too warm, she'll get a slightly shorter walk later in the day. As much as she loves her walks, after them, she's totally wiped out and reverts to her true favorite exercise: sleeping :D.

Maybe the smaller Iggies have much more energy; a neighbor has a whippet and says that they also need more exercise than retired greys.

Oh well that's reassuring, as our Grey, Rhianna, is a regular Grey as well! Thanks!!

IG's have much more energy then your big greys. It's one of the many many reasons they're surrendered, during puppyhood they think they can fly and, well, they can't. I walk 13 year old Mousie about a mile every day, that's about all she wants any more. It's no power walk either. She sleeps and begs for french fries the rest of the time now.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest zombrie

My walks with my greyhounds are always over an hour unless it's too hot. Anything less simply wouldn't be enough for my guys.

Sam is 13 years old and wobbly on his back legs. Silver has a corn on a front foot and a gimpy back leg. We walk to the corner and back frequently during the day, but no long walks or sustained exercise. Silver could do it--limping. Sam couldn't make it.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)