Tidbit And The M F H ...a Little More Progress

Tidbit still will cower and move away from me and if standing and won't come within 7 feet of me now.. :lol But if she is laying down on a dog bed and I move real slow, often while I am giving attention to one of my kids, she will often scooch (is that even a word? :lol) back against the wall and turn her head away from me. But she will let me lay near her and over time of me speaking softly and gently petting her she will relax and stretch out a bit and drift off to sleep. And if I move back away from her she isn't up and out the dog door in a heartbeat. I just spent about 20 minutes laying next to her, and she let out the big sigh as I petted her. When one of my pups would come over to get daddy loving she would raise and watch then lay her head back down and drift off to sleep again.

I know it's not a lot, and she still prefers to grab clothes and drag them into the backyard and pile up under my bedroom window to sleep at night, but any progress is good progress.

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Small steps. Sometimes forward, sometimes back. You'll work your magic on her, I'm sure. Have you ever had to put one of your pups on meds short term? A DAP diffuser might help her relax a bit more.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Small steps. Sometimes forward, sometimes back. You'll work your magic on her, I'm sure. Have you ever had to put one of your pups on meds short term? A DAP diffuser might help her relax a bit more.

I have a DAP from when I had the ultra-spook Meg. It didn't help her but Tidbit is not at that level of spook so I will get it out and plug it in and see how she does with it

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Yes. DAP doesn't help my spook at all, but I thought Tidbit sounds like she just needs a bit of encouragement. ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Small steps? I would say giant steps. She is allowing you to pet her, and letting herself enjoy it a bit? Ginormous steps. Bravo. The MFH is working its spells upon her, as we all knew it would.

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

Small steps? I would say giant steps. She is allowing you to pet her, and letting herself enjoy it a bit? Ginormous steps. Bravo. The MFH is working its spells upon her, as we all knew it would.

Those aren't small steps, those are huge giant steps! :yay

Totally agree! So happy to hear about her progress.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Wow! She's letting you pet her and she's falling asleep??? That's HUGE! Congrats! The MFH at it's best!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead