Flat Feet?

Only the front paws. Pads look normal. 41 races, retired for a pulled muscle, 2-1/2 YO male.

0SljCQH.jpg?1

Vet (retired greyhound track vet) said it was from tendon damage, but didn't know the dog as a racer.

Anyone seen this before? Doesn't seem to cause him any pain.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Sometimes they're born with them. I've seen a few over the years but didn't know any of the dogs well. Never saw/heard of any problems relating to them.

Dang, wasn't that helpful? :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

my boy had flat feet AFTER we released tendons in the foot --- his Achilles tendons that were repaired too tight --

he walked on them fine, I don't think they hurt him - but he preferred to wear NeoPaws when on long walks.

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I am not a vet but it looks like a wrist injury that is causing some hyper-flexation in the joint which subsequently makes the foot appear flat. It can be an accessory carpal fracture. Most will heal on their own, if there was a chipped bone it will eventually get surrounded by fibrous tissue and won't cause much discomfort. I would probably not do agility or lure coursing the turns can cause a re-injiry. Perhaps an x-ray will give you a better idea if this was indeed a fracture.

By some of the comments here: http://www.greyhound-data.com/knowledge.php?b=2&note=547261&order=&x=0 It sounds like early nutrition and breeding.

And the links posted by "Tom" in this thread: http://greyhound-data.com/knowledge.php?b=3&note=300081

Good to see you, Aaron :wave

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Aaron!!!! Please don't go away again. You are our voice of knowledge and reason.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest PiagetsMom

I have to admit I clicked just because it's been such a long time since I've seen you post! I've actually never seen that before, so I can't be of any help.....but it's good to see you posting here! :)

I have nothing to add other then having seen it in a dog with chronically long nails so they can't get up on their toes. The nails in the picture are fine.

and mostly I added that so I could say Don't Be A Stranger Anymore Aaron :)

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Aaron!!!! Please don't go away again. You are our voice of knowledge and reason.

:nod:nod:nod You've been missed by everyone!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

You are our voice of knowledge and reason.

Momma once said, "Son"- because, you know, being her son and all- "if anyone ever says you're the voice of knowledge and reason in the room, tell them they need to get out more."

She never said that, but she probably should have. If she would have, it probably would have been after some catastrophic "learning incident," possibly involving venomous insects or possibly a hostile arachnid, something like that. Maybe a snake. It would almost certainly have involved an emergency room visit.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. :)

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Ben has flat feet...never been a problem and according to Steve Saras, should never be a problem.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

eta: nice to hear from you

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Addie

My Addie had feet kind of like that (but not as extreme) The vet just said not to let her jump out of the back of a truck or from a high place like that. She ran around like crazy and never had any problems with them.