Newly Adopted Greyhound Petrified Of Other Breeds

Guest AngelPup

This really has nothing to do with the OP's question, but this reminded me of a funny story. I took Henry to a dog park for what I thought was "Greyhound Day." Well, I goofed the date, and it was actually "Southwest PA Pugs with Special Needs Day." Suffice to say, Henry loves pugs. :lol

:hehe:hehe

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Guest chickenpotpie

I agree with everyone else; go at his pace. When I got my girl she was absoluely petrified. The day I got fed up and said, put your big girl panties on, we're going for a walk, she did it! I also believe that your confidence level can also affect how your dog is. Mine also had issues going out of the driveway....the first four days. She now walks the entire neighborhood, and ignores most dogs that bark (unless they come up on her and then its on and poppin!) She does like some dogs, she doesn't like retrievers though! We have lots of kids in our neighborhood, and they all just love her. She absolutely adores the attention from them.

She loves to go for a ride. If I say lets go for a ride she's at the door...lol

I know that i empower her, because the first day I walked her, she was so freaked out (but then again so was I!)

I know it sounds like we've had her forever, but its barely been three weeks in reality...lol

Edited by chickenpotpie

Guest AngelPup

I agree with everyone else; go at his pace. When I got my girl she was absoluely petrified. The day I got fed up and said, put your big girl panties on, we're going for a walk, she did it! I also believe that your confidence level can also affect how your dog is. Mine also had issues going out of the driveway....the first four days. She now walks the entire neighborhood, and ignores most dogs that bark (unless they come up on her and then its on and poppin!) She does like some dogs, she doesn't like retrievers though! We have lots of kids in our neighborhood, and they all just love her. She absolutely adores the attention from them.

She loves to go for a ride. If I say lets go for a ride she's at the door...lol

I know that i empower her, because the first day I walked her, she was so freaked out (but then again so was I!)

I know it sounds like we've had her forever, but its barely been three weeks in reality...lol

Thanks! He is definitely coming along. The last two days,we've taken two good, short walks to make sure we ended on a positive note. He really seemed to enjoy it once he got going. We'll keep working at expanding things as he becomes more comfortable. It's very encouraging to hear so many success stories and to hear everyone's experiences in acclimating their greys to retirement.