Hi From Lockport, Il

Guest elizabeth7418

Guest elizabeth7418

Hi all! My name's Liz, and my fiance Tim and I adopted Adiya (we're calling her Addy), a 7.5 year old red momma through REGAP of Illinois in January. My parents, have had a total of 8 greyhounds, 1 lurcher, and 2 salukis since 1998. I always knew that I wanted to adopt a hound of my own, and when I started teaching at a school where one of the teachers in my department had 8 greyhounds, it seemed destined to happen. Tim and I finally made the decision to adopt around Christmas-time, and I went to pick out Addy in early January.

Addy is amazing! She loves to sleep, and ride in the car (which is great since my parents live an 8.5 hour car ride away in Pennsylvania), and sleep some more. She's doing so well, and I can't wait to adopt my 2nd pup! (We live in a townhouse now but are trying to sell so that we can buy a siingle family with a fenced in backyard. We don't have room for two dogs nor do I want to have to walk both of them, or else we'd already have a brother or sister for Addy.)

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to get to know you all soon! smiley.gif

- Liz

549437_861689301295_1958575352_n.jpg

:wave Welcome Liz & Addy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hi Liz, and welcome to GT! :welcome2

Addy is gorgeous!!! :kiss2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest elizabeth7418

:welcome2 Liz & Addy!!!!!

We are REGAP girls, too! Maybe we'll see you at the Picnic in September. You are very pretty. Isn't the retirement life great?!!!

Tick & Mac

Nice! Auntie Mona is so greyt don't you think? I hope to meet you at the picnic!

Thank you to everyone else! :)

Nice! Auntie Mona is so greyt don't you think? I hope to meet you at the picnic!

Thank you to everyone else! :)

Yes, Auntie Mona is a gem. One of the hardestworking people we know!

You'll love our little group.

Also, you & I (Tick) are cousins! Your Grandma, Greys Jasmine & my Grandma, Greys Julianna, were sisters. Pretty cool, huh?

You'll find lots of cousins and maybe brothers & sisters in our group!

Edited by luvhounds2

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi